Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    court1011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 04:23 PM
    What does my boyfriend mean he wants to take a little break and have some space?
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 3 years. We would hang out a lot, every night and would talk or text on the phone a lot during the day. We would fight about the dumbest things. Ex- I ask him to do something on my car and he would kind of complain but if his mom asked he'd do it no problem and that would piss me off because he complains about doing it for me but goes ahead and does it for his mom. He told me he cares about me but he just wants to take a break and have some space. He never said he wants nothing to do with me or wants it to be over. He just said a break. I have a lot of stuff of mine that I left at his house and he knows that it's there. He also told me him wanting to take a break is not over another girl or finding another girl. But he just said he wants his space because we've been together 24/7. Its been a week since he told me he wants a break and he won't answer my calls or text messages. His friends tell him to call me and that we have to talk and he's being really stubborn and hasn't. One of his best buddies is in the air force and has been in boot camp since November and just came home 3 days ago and he hasn't seen or hung out with him since he left. Im kind of wondering if he wants a little space and time from me so he can go hangout with him while he's home which is until mid September and hang with friends. 3 days ago I saw my boyfriend out with my sisters boyfriend because they are best friends also and my sisters boyfriend said to him he should really talk to me to see where we stand. We talked alone for almost an hr and he said that he just wants some space and a break and that its not over another girl or looking for another girl. In our conversation I said what I had to say and he say what he had to say but never really got a clear answer out of him. I said to him you obviously don't care about me that why you want a break and he said if I didn't care I wouldn't be here right now talking to you. But I'm confused on the whole situation.. Please help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 04:38 PM

Break=break up ; time and space= break' therefore no matter what he says, time and space =break up.

By the way your not giving it to him when everyone and his mama is bugging him about you.
    hbug Posts: 27, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Hun that boy needs to get a clue. If he really wants a break and you want to wait for him then don't call, don't talk to his friends, and really give him that space. But don't wait too long.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Aug 23, 2010, 07:07 PM

Have one last conversation with a friend of his. Ask his friend to go to his house and collect your belongings. Seeing as he won't answer your calls and messages.

Then once you have your stuff back make no more contact with him or his friends.

If he truly just wants space he will find you when he is ready. If not well you have already started getting over him.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 07:13 PM

He has moved on. You need to do the same. Don't act needy or clingy. He is happy and you should be too.
    Psy_Shweta Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2010, 07:37 PM

Hello,

How are you?

After carefully reading your question, I feel:

1] You are self-pitying yourself and getting over-anxious about the whole situation.

2] Check on your definitions of break-up and break/ space. That will help you make your thought processes transparent.

3] Check whether you get over-possessive about your boyfriend which lead to his "take-a-break" decision.

4] Mother is a very special person in everyone's life. Check and introspect whether you got over-competitive with his Mother on silly issues which did hurt him.

5] You need to step-up and show bit more of maturity/ empathy and patience towards this situation.

6] Respect his decision and use this time to get a better insight about your love life.

All the best!

Shweta Saxena
    Clinical Psychologist
    Sydney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do if girl ask you for space or break? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My name is harry and I'm 23 years old. Me and my girlfriend were going out for about 3.5 years and we all happy in back those days. About 2 months we start fighting on small small things like (if she wants to go clubbing with me and I say no I can't go we fight on that.) And last week talk to...

My girlfriend wants a break, but doesn't want space. What do I do? [ 9 Answers ]

Long story short, I've been with my girlfriend for about a year and a half and after some recent unpleasantness within the relationship (most of which was my fault), she's asked for a break. She said it would take some time for her to gather her thoughts on us and her life in general. She has a...

My boyfriend asked for a break does this mean its over or he just needed his space? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone I'm very confused right now, I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months,his family knows me & like me & mutual feelings with my family.. his feeling toward me is that he loves me and his in love with me, things are really great between us until tonight, he had physical relationship in...

Break and space from girlfriend, not sure of how to proceed [ 21 Answers ]

My girlfriend for 2 years has asked for a break to figure out how she feels. She's 23 and Im 25. I've read other posts and this seems normal to happen. She lost some feelings during the relationship and wants to know how she really feels. It's been a couple of days since this break. She says...

View more questions Search