Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirkbikenut109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
    My dirt bike won't shift
    I can shift in to any gear while my dirt bike is not running... I have even started it in every gear... and if I start it in 3rd I can ride out 3rd, 4th , and 5th... but if I down shift to 2nd I can't get it back up in to 3rd... if I start it under 3rd gear I can only shift in to 1st and 2nd... I don't know anything about the bike it's a 06 shucks jianshe/yamaha.buffalo DT150 china bike... I bought if for $50... I'm just trying to figure out why it won't make the gear transition whiles its run... Any ideas please shoot them my way .
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 05:27 PM

Either the syncros are messed up or you could have a bent shifting fork. Anyway you look at it the case needs to be split open and the transmission needs to be examined. If your not sure how to do this take it to a professional.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:34 AM

If this has a manual clutch, try tightening up on the cable, but not so much the clutch slips, enough to get good dissengagement.
    Adjustment is at clutch lever.
    dirkbikenut109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Thank you both... it's a bent shift fork with a weak spring and a over adjusted clutch cable... OH yea just so everyone know the china shucks bikes use Honda xr 200 motor parts... only difference is the bore size...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my dirt bike make a ticking sound as I was riding it? [ 1 Answers ]

Why did my dirt bike make a ticking sound as I was riding it?

How much is a 100cc honda dirt bike engine? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you fix a dirt bike when the compression is gone? What parts do I need and if I need a new engine how much would it cost?

My car won't shift? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97' cavalier and when I turn the car on it will not shift in to rear but if the car is off it goes in to all the rears also the clutch will not pop back up right away once it is pressed down.

My pocket bike won't work [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a pocket bike some time ago, and I used it during break in period, then I stopped using or riding it for a couple of weeks, and now it won't start, my arm is tired of pulling on the engine to start.. I have cleaned gas tank, put new oil and gas, but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to...

View more questions Search