Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwightpopowich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
    The toilet bowl won't hold water
    I installed a new toilet and for the first week the bowl would not hold water after being flushed. It appeared the water was slowly draining away. I came to the conclusion that there must be a crack in the bowl and decided that the bowl needed to be changed out. I took me another 7 days to finally find enough time to do the change over. I planned to close the water supply, drain the tank into the bowl and then allow the bowl to siphon down, thus saving myself from a tidous task. To my surprise the bowl was full of water and functioning normally. This is my son's bathroom and he say's that it started holding water about 5 days ago. While this is a pleasant surprise I wonder if I should be worried that the toilet wouldn't hold water for the first week after it's installaton? I this a symptom of a bigger problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2010, 03:52 PM

Since it's workiing now I wouldn't be too concerned. Just have your son keep a ryr on the bowl level and tell you if if acts up again. I can't tell you why you lost water in the first place. It could have been the venting or some sort of a defect that fixed itself. Who knows? Let me know if you have more trouble. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water still leaking from toilet bowl.after replacing toilet! [ 6 Answers ]

The water was leaking from the bowl of our toilet and we were getting "phantom flushes"... water was also seen trickling into bowl... SO, we replaced the whole toilet as it was pretty darn old. We put in a new wax ring, installed the toilet correctly as far as we can tell... and now the water leaks...

After I flush my toilet the water level in the toilet bowl itself is always very low. [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush my toilet the water level in the toilet bowl itself is always very low. How can I fix this issue. Thanks!

Cracked toilet bowl & low water level in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, So I've got two questions regarding two toilets and would appreciate any and all help as I can't afford someone to come in at this point to fix it for me. 1. I managed to drop a crystal (decoration) ball into the toilet which cracked the bowl so a chunk of the porcelain just fell...

View more questions Search