Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chilidg387 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Can't open internet explorer says but shutdown for security reasons
    This red cross antivirus says the application iexplore.exe was launched successfully but it forved to shut down due to security reasons. That is what it said before I installed the red cross anitvirus. It says that I need to install a heuristic module. It just started this morning and I don't know what to do. I can't even find the red cross antivirus on my computer. I can't even format my computer to try and start over.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 07:45 AM

Remove Red Cross Antivirus at CGI Doctor - spyware removal help
    After removing, I would Install and run Malwarebytes antimalware at malwarebytes.org, and/or Microsoft Security Essentials, Both Free and Microsofts actually works. Good Luck.
    I just saw that takes money, you should be able to fix for free, I will take a look at CNET, will be back.
    chilidg387 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open internet explorer [ 4 Answers ]

In Windows 98SE with IE 6.0 SP1, I cannot open Internet Explorer. I have tried the OS' "Repair IE" tool; downloaded and ran IEfix, uninstalled IE 6.0 SP1, redownloaded and reinstalled it with no improvement. I have ran Hijack This and submitted the log to knowledgeable techs who found no problem...

My internet explorer does not open. [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed norton 360, my internet explorer does not open. Also, when I try to change settings on my control panel and close it, it freezes. When I log into the computer, my windows live messenger works fine, but if I try to search something under the today window of msn, it takes me nowhere.

Can't open internet explorer [ 25 Answers ]

I haven't been able to open IE for about a month. When this happened before I reinstalled it and it was fine until it happened again. But now I've reinstalled it several times with no luck. I have Windows XP SP3, Home Edition 2002 and reinstalled IE 8 beta. I tried to downgrade but it won't do...

Can't open internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

I just applied some Windows updates and now I can't open Internet Explorer 6

Can not Open Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to open Internet Explorer, My Computer, Search or other explorer connected software I get a clock for a few seconds, my screen repaints, and then nothing happens; i.e. the explorer does not open. I am running Windows XP Home edition. I have tried reinstalling Internet Explorer v6.0,...

View more questions Search