Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domesticqueen36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Does being jail mean I abandoned rental property in VA
    I am awaiting my court date and am currently in jail. My mother who was visiting my home at the time of my arrest has contacted my landlord and has now put a lease on my house in her name. I have still been paying the rent. All of my furniture and belongings are still in the house.I have not been served with any eviction paperwork.Can they do this to me? When I am acquitted, what am I suppose to do? Isn't she actually trespassing in my home?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 07:44 PM

If you had a lease that was still valid mom could not have gotten a lease too. Can you clarify further?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He abandoned our child and now he's trying to put me in jail? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'll try to sum this up as best I can: I broke off a relationship with my ex (we were never married and live in the state of Washington) when my son was one month old, we were on and off again until he was 3 months old. Then my ex took off and has had no contact with regards in wanting to...

Abandoned property [ 1 Answers ]

I have allowed my ex mother in law to store her personal belongings in my garage. I allowed her to use my garage starting in May of this year, and I have told her on more than one occasion these past two months or so that she needs to remove her property from my garage. She has not done so, and she...

Abandoned property [ 2 Answers ]

How do purchase an abandoned property? Also, how can you purchase an abandoned/closed down school? Is there a website that gives you a listing? Looking in maryland/washington dc area.

Abandoned Property in NY [ 7 Answers ]

I have an interest in two abandoned properties. Both properties has been abandoned for 3 years and both has delinquent taxes on them. Both properties are still owned by the owners. But one of the properties has an owner that cannot be located. The current address for that property is the...

View more questions Search