Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tabi2006 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Twins miscarriage
    I took 2 hpts both faint but positive. I went to the Care Center and they confirmed that I was pregnant. The next day (Last Saturday August 14th) I was at the mall working with my husband when I went to the bathroom and could smell the iron from the blood. I got so scared and we went to the ER. I spent 6 hours and the ER and had blood taken and a transvaginal US done. They saw "hemorrhages" on the US and the Dr told me it was a "threatened abortion/threatened miscarriage". By the time this had happened, I was already bleeding so bad that it was on the floor when I stood up. I pretty much knew the outcome before they said anything. It has been a week now and I am still bleeding. Some days it is real heavy and others it is like I am coming off my period. I still feel like I am pregnant and my stomach is still getting bigger. Is there any way that I am still pregnant? I do not know what my HCG levels were at when I was told I was miscarrying. In my other pregnancies (2 miscarriages not counting this 1 and 2 live births) I have never been told my HCG levels. My sister had a miscarriage but then had my nephew. They said that she was pregnant with twins and she lost 1 of them. I was 5 weeks 4 days pregnant when I miscarried. Is there any way that my situation could be the same as hers? As this was not my 1st miscarriage, I have started to cope sort of fast but this was my husband's 1st. This 1 hurt a little more emotionally because I am married now and so totally in love with my husband as where the other 2 miscarriages have not been with him. I was also told that I have ovarian cysts on my left ovary. Could this have had something to do with my miscarrying? I am trying 2 figure this out because my other 2 miscarriages were not natural but this 1 was. Nothing happened physiacally this time to make me miscarry.

ANY answers are helpful and VERY MUCH appreciated.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2010, 02:54 AM

You really need to talk to your doctor and be examined to determine the effect of the blood loss and to have your mind put at ease about the miscarriage. I’m so sorry for your loss. Please go see your doctor.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 04:20 AM

I agree with Bluerose... you'll need to see your doctor to determine if you did indeed miscarry and whether it was a complete miscarriage.

Were you not given instructions at the ER to follow-up with your own doctor or midwife? Most early miscarriages come about due to the fetus or placenta not developing as they should.

Please do go get checked so that you can know for sure what is going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Could it be twins? [ 2 Answers ]

Our sitution is a little bit frustrating lately, but only regrding the hospital we have been dealing with. My husband and I have a Surrogate carrying our baby and she is 14 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. We have a routine checkup on the 24th of this month and are supposed to go in for our first...

Twins [ 2 Answers ]

I have twin girls who just turned 1. Can someone give me some advice on raising twins, I am also a single mom who have been raising them on my own since the day they were born. Their father cheated on me and got her pregnant and then they got married and moved to Miami. I am in the process of...

I want twins [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get pregnant with twins?? Twins run in my family and my husbands but, how can we make that happen?? :confused:

Is it at all possible.TWINS? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd pregnancy:) . The symptons I have with this pregnancy never occurred with my first, but as they say every pregnancy is different. Anyway I feel really quezy all day long, I would rather actually be sick than feel like this, my breasts look and feel...

View more questions Search