Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steven01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 03:38 PM
    What recourse can I take if my employer cancels my insurance while I was still employ
    What recourse can I take if my employer cancels my insurance while I was still employed and has tken money out of your check for this insurance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 04:00 PM

How did it get cacelled, did they stop paying but keep the money ? Please give more details
    steven01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 04:09 PM

Insurance company said network coverage was stopped on 8/15/2010. No reason why. But employer still taken money for the insurance. Employer never imformed employees.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2010, 05:12 PM

It is illegal to take unauthorized deductions of your pay. If they are taking deductions for services not being rendered that's illegal.

Have you asked your employer what's going on? The fact that coverage was terminated as of 8/15 gives a possibility that payroll wasn't changed in time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 05:49 PM

Or perhaps they changed to another company?

The only way to find out is to talk to your HR department
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 1, 2010, 09:46 AM

I agree with both of the above posters. Occasionally mistakes happen, but if you were not covered during any period that they deducted the amount from your check, they owe it back to you.

Follow up with HR and let us know what comes of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Any recourse on accident with no police report or insurance claim? [ 15 Answers ]

Glad to be a member. Hope you guys can point me in the right direction. On Friday, February 6th my father, who was visiting from out of town, was driving my car and got into a minor accident with another man. The man admitted fault and asked that this be handled without involving his...

My friend repeatedly cancels our plans [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who repeatedly cancels our plans. We hang out around each others' houses and the past few times that he's been due to arrive at mine, I either get a text saying that he's "sorry but he can't make it," and can we do it "tomorrow?" or "next Monday?" or an Instant Messenger message...

Recourse vs. Non-recourse loan foreclosure short sale [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am in a pretty bad situation and need some help/advise. I live in California, and purchased the house I am currently living in 2 years ago. Now my first loan (460K) is adjusting from 5.25% to 8.5%, which means an increase of $1200 in montly payment that I can no longer afford. I still owe...

View more questions Search