Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katrina1207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Could my dad sign the house over without us being present, the POA said he couldn't
    My sister and I had a POA for my dad. Which stated he could not sign anything without us both being there. My brother told him that we were going to put him in a nursing home and the paper (deed to the house) would stop us. My brother manipulated dad into signing it. Is there anything we can do. Dad is no longer living.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 09:36 AM

First the POA does not sound legal, a POA only gives the other person a right to sign for another person, and the person who gives it, can merely take it away any time they want.

So unless this went though the court where the court ordered he could not sign for his self, the POA giving up that right will most likely not be valid in court.

If you can prove the bother lied and did a fraud ( before he died would have been better) you sue the brother for fraud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Since I have POA of my mom, can I evict my brother out of her house. [ 4 Answers ]

My Father died about 3 months ago and before he did, he told me I could have his car plus the house. My dad never made a will. I got Power of Attorney over my mother because my dad wanted me to take care of her. So now I got my name changed over into my dad's car which my older brother was so...

Dad wants to sign son off [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad moved to England and his new wife doesn't want him to have any thing to do with his son. Now he wants to sign him off. I am OK with it but doesn't know where and how to start.

Dead Beat Dad wants to sign over parental rights in NH [ 2 Answers ]

My daughters father is a drug addict in rehab right now, he has not bought a single thing for her besides a bag of diapers, which 3 days later asked me to pay him back for. He is a 26 year old child, while I am only 19 trying my hardest to do well for my daughter and raise her as best as I can. He...

Changing my child's last name.when dad is not able to sign the certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am in GA, and I would like to know if there is anyway to petition the court to get my daughter's last name changed even if her dad did not sign the birth certificate. He is "unavailable" to sign it right now, and I am not sure how long it will be before he becomes "unavailable" . Please let me...

View more questions Search