Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MetalMoats Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 07:35 AM
    A US citizen Visa runs out in Ghana
    How would a US citizen in Ghana get back to the States if their Visa runs out and they have no money to get Back! They said they talked to the US embassy and there is nothing they van do about it! Is that false!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 08:32 AM

Well yes, I guess it is false information if coming from anyone in Ghana. We here are very suspicious of Ghana and always worn of money scams. This person probably wants you to send money to help them get to the US.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 09:54 AM

If the person in Ghana is a US citizen, and their Ghana visa is expired, they merely go to the airport and get on the airplane and leave, since the visa is what allows them to stay, not leave.

If their passport expires, the emabassy would issue a new one.

Next yes, the embassy would get a US citizen out of the nation.

This is a sad fraud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana Citizen Declaration Fee to Visit USA [ 5 Answers ]

Would some one know the proper amount of the Declaration Fee Note for a Ghanaian Citizen to leave Accra and visit the USA, Ga. For a period of approximatley 60 days. The Passport and Visa has been issued and the flight ticket has been purchased. But I was told that the Declaration Fee to exit...

Visa status for non-US citizen married to US-citizen [ 2 Answers ]

If a non-US citizen (EU national) is married a US citizen, is there any way for her to spend large amounts of time in the US without becoming a permanent resident (if she decides not to seek any kind of employment in the US etc.) ?

You.S. Visa from Ghana [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost for a U.S. visa from Ghana?

Visa from ghana to uk [ 1 Answers ]

I know a swedish friend currently working in ghana who needs some money to pay for a visa to visit me in uk for 3 weeks,how much does it cost

View more questions Search