Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walbar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 05:30 AM
    5 year balloon is coming due. What are my options?
    I hold a mortgage with a 5 year balloon on a property I sold. The 5 years is coming up and I want to know what my options are. Do I renegotiate?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 06:28 AM

Have you contacted the current owners and will they be able to satisfy the balloon payment? Has the value (in this market) dropped on the property to a point the baloon can't be covered? If they are good people I would work with them so long as they are playing fair too. I wouldn't heavy hand the situation unless it starts to spiral out of control. Your only other option untimatly is to forclose on the property if payment can't be made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any career options for a 25 year old with a felony? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 25 years old and recently was convicted with a felony charge of cocaine , I was very stupid one night and hope it doesn't destroy my life. I wish to further my education by taking college courses so that I can be a positive person in my children's life. I was wondering if there are any...

Huge Tax Bill Due that can't be paid now! Options? [ 1 Answers ]

I had to take a huge withdrawal from my 401K, and now have to pay a huge tax bill. However, I don't have the funds available for such a large payment. IS there a way to spread this payment out over several years without huge penalties and interests? Or, is there some sort of way to average out my...

Truck won't start due to glow plugs not coming on. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 chevy 6.2L deisel. The glow plug light is not coming on there for it will not start?

What options are there for an out of control 16 year old. [ 9 Answers ]

What options are there for an out of control 16 year old.

5 year land contracts with a balloon payment! [ 1 Answers ]

My parents were offered a 5 year land contract with an option for 5 more. As they get closer to signing the contract the contract now has only the option for 5 (no more 5 year extra). They are doing a land contract because they were foreclosed on. What are the chances of them getting financed...

View more questions Search