Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshrdds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Penny stock going ipo
    I have bought pink sheet share of a company called bankunited. The company announced that they will be going IPO. How can a company have shares for sale (penny stocks via pink sheets) then go Ipo? What does this mean for me?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 06:24 AM

It means the value of your stock is about to go down. I would guess that the company is floating a new stock issue in order to raise cash, so the percent of the company that your stock shares represents will be diluted, leaving you with a smaller ownership interest than you had before. Consequently the value of your investment is reduced.

By the way, according to their web site Bank United is privately held, so I don't understand how you have shares in the company. Is this it?: https://www.bankunited.com/about-us.aspx
    Joshrdds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 07:21 AM
    That is the correct bank. They released a portion of the stocks for sale. You can buy it as a penny stock right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIVIDENT POLICY: what is stock divident, stock split n stock repurchase? [ 4 Answers ]

DIVIDENT POLICY: What is stock divident, stock split n stock repurchase?? Send it with appropriate notes

Cost Basis of Avaya Stock received from 1960's AT&T stock [ 2 Answers ]

During the 2nd half of the 1960's, my parents bought AT&T stock and had all dividends reinvested. At some point, there was a spin-off and my parents received Avaya stock. Effective October 26, 2007, Avaya was acquired by Sierra Merger Corp. an entity formed by affiliates of private equity firms...

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO [ 11 Answers ]

Al Gore Set To Rake In Millions Off An IPO - America Talks Back, News It has been reported that former Vice President Al Gore stands to make approximately $50 million when the TV channel he founded, Current TV, goes public. The channel is very popular among tech-savvy 18-34 year olds, and it...

IPO leads [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good resource for IPO alerts? I have found a company that I'm very interested in, and I don't want to miss the IPO, not even by a day.

View more questions Search