Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Converting wood to gas in fireplace
    What is the best way to conert from wood to gas and how do you get to the flu liner to hook it up when installing an insert?

Check out some similar questions!

Fireplace? Woodstove? Wood? Other? [ 12 Answers ]

Attn: Construction and/or ecology/engineering experts: Since there isn't any emergency preparedness forum on Ask-Me, I'm posting here, and hoping it's a practical place to post. I'm considering preparing a rear center bedroom for emergency preparedness. The room's dimensions are indicated...

Wood Burning Fireplace Repair [ 2 Answers ]

- I bought a home that has a fireplace insert with an added on propane gas log appliance. I would like to burn wood in this fireplace and would like to know how to seal the hole where the gas line entered. The manufactuer has gone out of business but a company that used to sell the fireplaces told...

Looking to convert a fireplace into a wood stove [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not looking for a wood stove instert. I have wood stove I'm looking to put in a clay lined chimney. I'm pretty sure I have to take out the flue, but then does the piping have to go all the way up to where the clay lining starts in the chimney? If I do take the flue out, should I...

Wood burning fireplace fans [ 3 Answers ]

Looking to add efficiency for my wood burning fireplace... Has anyone used one of those fireplace fans/tube systems added to their fireplace? Do they work? Do you recommend a particular brand?

Converting Gas Fireplace to pellet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas fireplace that was installed when we built our new home 2 years ago. I know that pellet stoves do not require a major chimmey and can usually be just vented through the wall. Can I use my existing chimmey (designed for gas) with a pellet stove insert. Or maybe if I put a pellet...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.