Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chilly02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
    How to sue for neglect
    I hired a care giver from a reputable company.her job was to take my autistic son in the community to learn every day skills example... shopping, movies,socializaing exc.well she took him to bars while she drank,left in unattended while she went to bingo,smoked while driving in the car my son is an asthmatic,taught him how to mix drinks,there's even two pictures in my sons camera where she is showing him how to give people the finger.once she gave him medication with out my permission.now his asthma has been bad where he is on steroids,now I know why it got bad.his behavior is horrible now this woman was suppose to encourage him to learn appropriate behavior he already is a special needs person this set him back 1-2 years,she also shredded his bart simpson shirt because she didn't like it. She also took him to her house where she made him cut grass and clean while she took a nap.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 21, 2010, 11:05 AM

Tell us you reported this to the 'reputable company' who sent her out to you.

You haven't asked a question, so assuming you are inquiring what you should do. If you have pictures of her inappropriate behavior with your son, you have a good case to sue this reputable for having a substandard employee.

Report this employee to the company where she works, hire a lawyer to assist you in this claim. If you have pictures of her inappopriate behavior, then you have good evidence.

Tick
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 05:37 AM

What do you have for evidence that these things occurred besides the pictures? You will need to gather witnesses and such to help formulate your case against the agency.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2010, 08:49 AM

Why not start by going to your attorney?

Babysitters are being charged with neglect everyday, so if you have the evidence, I don't know why you couldn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you sue a biological parent for severe neglect and abuse all noted by social? [ 1 Answers ]

By the time I had reached 5 I had been abandoned by my biological mother after being abused and neglected from day one, there are reports from social services, hospitals, nurseries even police and fire, most of these reports I could get copies if I requested, so where do I legally stand in the U.K...

Can I sue my wealthy parents for neglect, emotional damage? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been on my own pretty much since I was 17 years old. I was raised by my mother who has a PhD and is a professor at a university. My father owns a manufacturing company in Jamaica which employs over 400 people. He also had a short senatorial term a few years ago. He is...

Can I sue my ex husband for abandoment and neglect [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 5 years old and has spent little time with him since birth. He fathers children throughout the area and claims he has no son. Xmas, birthdays, and other holidays he doesn't contact at all. I want to know if I have legal grounds to sue for abandonment, child neglect, and taking his rights...

Dental neglect [ 2 Answers ]

Would knowing your child have 3 cavities and the dentist said they were small and could wait to be filled. And then she did not see a dentist for 23 months and when she went back she had 9 cavities. Would this be dental neglect?

Housing Neglect [ 2 Answers ]

Before fall of 2006 I was Red flagged by KGS (Kansas Gas Service) well my furnace was because it was leaking Gas(Carbon Monoxide). I had him shut the valve off to the furnace and I called the landlord, they sent out a maintenance man who looked at it and told me nothing was wrong with it. I told...

View more questions Search