Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindywang0905 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Should I back off or keep dating him?
    I've been seeing a guy for few weeks now. He made it clear that we are dating each other but NOT in a relationship. However, I don't like to hide from all his friends. We spent so much time together and I don't think he's seeing another person. I want a relationship but he told me if I want one, then we need to have sex. I am not ready for any physical relationship at the moment, I don't want to lose my virginity yet. So should I back off or keep dating him?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Aug 20, 2010, 10:24 AM

This is a HUGE red flag. How old are you two?

Sex or break up? Break up. Dump this LOSER and find someone that will respect you and your decisions.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 10:52 AM

You should do more than back off. You run, and tell the guy if he wants to have sex then he needs to find a girl who will more easily open her legs to him.

No self respecting gentlemen would give you an ultimatum like this. Don't settle for it, and get out of this immediately.

A relationship isn't about sex. It is about growing together, getting to know each other and becoming comfortable with each other. Things should progress naturally.

Aug 20, 2010, 11:27 AM

But he admits that we are dating. And he said he only sees me at a time. And he said sex is really important for him. So he just wants to lay me?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindywang0905 View Post
    But he admits that we are dating. And he said he only sees me at a time. And he said sex is really important for him. So he just wants to lay me?
    Pretty much. May not be all he wants, but it is for sure a HIGH priority for him.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 12:19 PM

A guy that insists you have sex before he'll consider you in a relationship is a controlling jerk.

A guy that hides you from his friends like he's ashamed of you is really creepy.

Why would you even consider being with a man that treats you as less than his equal?

Get out now! You whole future could depend on it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 12:34 PM

If you fall for a stupid line like that to get in your pants, you are as dumb as he is stupid.

A real woman would have stopped dating him, and disappeared from this jerks life.

I don't think your dumb or stupid, and you will do more than back off dating him, you will disappear like I said, and tell him to try that on a rock he likes because you have no time for him at all. Then end the conversation because all he wants is a good time with your body, and NOTHING else.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 12:40 PM

He obviously doesn't respect your feelings. Why be with someone who doesn't respect you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 12:47 PM

What's with you falling for these guys and can't stop obsessing about them. For a virgin you sound desperate to have someone and then can't shake the ones you get who aren't worth a darn.

Can't you control yourself long enough to see what you're dealing with, and drop the losers? That's what your last choices were.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ck-471012.html

Sounds like the same situation with this guy to me. You grab hold and can't let go can you?

Aug 20, 2010, 08:00 PM

Yeah you are right. I need to take things slow. And I think I will take you guys' advices and not see him anymore.
    stephyHEROINE Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 07:25 PM

You should absolutely break up with him..
    All he's doing is using you:)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 07:50 PM

If you're not ready for a physical relationship and he doesn't understand then he isn't the one for you.

I'm curious as to why you would even give him the time of day.

He's made clear he wants sex, you don't. Don't ever let a man talk you into doing something you'll regret.

I think he thinks if he pressures you , you will give in. Don't.

How old are you and how old is he?

Aug 22, 2010, 08:36 PM

I am 24 and he's 30. He said I don't consider him as a desirable man because I am not having sex with him. But I do like him. And he said he will wait because a guy expects things. But I won't be ready anytime soon though.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindywang0905 View Post
    I am 24 and he's 30. He said I dont consider him as a desirable man because i am not having sex with him. But I do like him. And he said he will wait because a guy expects things. But I wont be ready anytime soon though.
    Good . Don't fall for a line of bull.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Aug 22, 2010, 08:49 PM

I agree with eveyone else... Dump him. He should be happy that you don't want to give yourself away to just anyone. If he was really into you he would be in a relationship with you and wait till your ready to take the next step.

No one should ever be pressured to have sex. If your not ready for another 5 years then your not ready. Find someone who will wait for you and not pressure you.
    lexx0 Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Nov 2, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Just have sex with the guy. After that, see how things work out.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Nov 2, 2010, 12:48 PM

Leave him a lone. Date someone that's a bit more mature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting back to dating after separation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 33 and have been separated officially the last six months, but really my marriage was over when he left for the first time in aug 08. There was a period when he came back, left, came back, and then he came back from nov 08 until aug 09. It didn't work, as he had his girlf on the side all the...

My ex girlfriend is dating someone else and I want her back [ 4 Answers ]

Move to its own thread Me and my ex was together for four year and I made sum mistakes something that was little like girls call the house phone but I didn't tell her. But I never cheated on her their was nothing going on with them and they told her that but she didn't believe them. So now she...

How do I get back in the dating game? [ 2 Answers ]

My last couple of relationships have been brief and ended badly. Both times, I tried to stay as casual as possible, but it was almost impossible because my ex would call me once or twice a day and want to hang out all the time. I limited our hanging out time to about twice a week, but still talked...

My ex girlfriend is dating someone else and I want her back [ 5 Answers ]

I date my girflriend for 1 year, then we live 4 month togheter, things happened I lost my job and things get worst, honestly I could manage with more filosofy but I couldn't, so I ask her to move out with her girlfriends back until. Of course after that things get worst, we date 6 more months but...

The Good: I'm back out dating! The Bad: I'm back out dating. [ 11 Answers ]

Well to start I've recently been testing the waters following a break of a 4 year relationship 2 months ago (one of those where she wanted to marry me, I had the ring and we split things). So I've recovered I'm out meeting people, I feel ready and now I'm dating. Now I know dating is pretty...

View more questions Search