Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    07stang Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
    1990 Civic is throwing codes 7 and 19
    I have a 1990 honda civic dx, and I had a code 7 once before... and I replaced the sensor, and then for a little while my cars fuel pump wouldn't kick in whenever you would try to start it. I had another ECU around.. so I switched them.. and my fuel pump was working then... and the vehicle started YAY... but then it started sputtering and it would idle but as soon as you touch the gas it would bog out. And now its throwing a code 7 which is the throttle position sensor, and its also throwing a code 19... and everywhere I look I can't find a code 19.. there's a code 17 and code 20... I have counted numerous times to make sure I'm not wrong but its 19 for sure. Please someone give me some ideas thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Code 19: Lock-up Control Solenoid Valve A/B (A/T). You have a problem in the automatic transmission Lock-up Control Solenoid Valve A (or B) circuit.

Basically, it's going to boil down to replacing the lock-up control solenoid valve, repairing an open in YEL or GRN/BLK wire between ECM (A19 or A17) and the 2P connector, or replacing the ECM. Hope this helps.

Dec 24, 2006, 04:29 PM
    The Civic is not a automatic it's a 5 speed standard. Or does that not matter?
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Either it's not a code 19 or there's a problem with the ECM. Yes, it should definitely matter that you have a manual transmission.

Go through all of the basic ignition system troubleshooting tests in sections A and B in the sticky. Make sure and run the K-Test.

Dec 26, 2006, 11:26 PM
    Well I'm sure that it's a code 19 because I have had numerous people count it for me just to be sure. Would you beable to tell me how to do the basic ignition system tests?. I don't understand what you mean by sections a and be in the sticky? And I most definitally don't know what the K test is? It would be greatly appreciated if you could really help me out here. This is really a pain in the !
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
    I believe you must have a failing or incorrect ECM installed, because a Code 19 is only applicable to a Civic with an automatic transmission; therefore, there are no Lock-up Control Solenoid Valve A/B tests to perform on your car.

Read Sections A and B in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ics-46563.html

The K-Test is covered in the link. If you perform the tests in the link you WILL solve your problem. They have worked for many, many Honda owners. It's the best information on troubleshooting Honda Civics you will find anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Read Error Codes on 91 Civic Hatchback [ 4 Answers ]

My car won't start... how do you read the codes? I've found conflicting info. My brother Thinks it was 1 pause 1 pause 3, but that dosen't seem right for the problem. The car Is turning over but won't start... no spark. Help, please... thanks.

1990 Honda Civic DX [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem: My engine starts and idles fine. Under acceleration it accelerates up to about 2500 rpm, then the ignition cuts off. When you shift gears you can run it back up to about 2500 rpm again, then it cuts out again. This occurs through all the gears. The check engine light stays on...

Honda Civic '97 - Error Codes? [ 3 Answers ]

So I've read through the FAQ and all of that, but I do not see any spot to read error codes as was listed in the FAQ, which I assume was meant for the 88-91's. Anyway, my car was dead yesterday, low power/didn't turn over. Took my battery to Sears, the battery is good, which leads me to believe it...

92-2000 honda civic engine I.D codes and hp [ 0 Answers ]

Many people have asked me what engine they have in there car.so this might help These are U.S. only 92-95 civic EX/SI D16Z6 1.6 16VSOHC VTEC PGM-FI 1590 125hp@6600rpm 106tq@5200rpm Dx /lx D15B7 1.5 16VSOHC PGM-FI 1493...

View more questions Search