Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taljaard Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Non profits websites
    Good Day
    We are in the process of creating a website for our Nonprofit in Georgia. The Focus of this site will be for the Afrikaans Speaking Community in the USA.
    We have been told that the whole website must be in translated Engilsh also.
    Is this true ?

Thanks
    Dirk
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 10:09 PM

Who told you this and what reason did they give?

Aug 21, 2010, 04:41 AM

This was told to me by the previous manager and the reason is that the IRS or GA DoR require it for the Non-profit to keep its status as a non-profit.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 01:16 PM

Well, non-profit is a specialized area that I don't do (though I was the treasurer of a small one once that didn't have a lot of requirements I had to worry about), so I tried hunting this down on the IRS website. They don't make that very easy.

The closest thing I found that may explain it is their requirement of transparency, meaning that things have to be made available to the public. I guess because 501(c)(3)'s are considered public, and also donations are tax-deductible and they have a right to know what they're donating too. The regulation I found on this didn't specifically say everything had to be in English. It had a link "for more information," which only sent me back to the main page I'd been on to begin with (useful). But it seems logical that to be transparent and make things available to the public, in this country, it would have to be in English.

(I find it amusing that a country would make a regulation about something needing to be in English when same said country seems to have qualms about making English the official language.)

Aug 21, 2010, 02:03 PM

Thank you that was the same that I got. We want to put the mission and the basic information in English and Afrikaans but would like to do the newsletters and daily /weekly devotional in Afrikaans only as I would then need to translate it also. Thank you Again
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2010, 07:11 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tracking Profits [ 1 Answers ]

How do I rewrtie =48+22 in the standard form of a quadratic equation

Is there any websites design websites on intalment basis or on joint venture profit s [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any website design website on intalment basis or on joint venture profit sharing basis?

Non profits. [ 8 Answers ]

Where are the best places to find jobs with charities foundations and non profit organizations?

Can Websites Find Out What other websites we visit? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible for website owners to find out what other websites we visit? If so, how do they find out? Thanks

Proxy off websites because the school blocked mostly all websites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you give me as many proxy off websites that you know because at my school I can't play games or go to myspace or to Yahoo. So can you help me?

View more questions Search