Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kumarpankaj78 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 09:14 PM
    How to increase the length of usb webcam
    I have a usb web cab which I would like to place about 6 meters from my computer so that I can use it as surveillance cam.
    I cut the usb web cab's cord from middle and attached a cctv (5 wire) cable but on connecting with the computer, the computer says "unrecognized device".
    Which kind of wire should I use?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 10:56 PM

There are a number of products available. Check here: CablesDirect - USB Extenders and Active Repeaters, USB Cat5 Extenders

There are power and data cables on USB. The capacitance of the cable kills the speed and distance without drivers and receivers.
    The 16' extender should be plenty. I've used two of these together before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is more than 1/2 the length,length=? Widt [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is 2m more than 1/2 the length, what is the length and width of the pool?

Using a Zydas 1211b USB adapter with a USB Extension cord. [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a Zydas 1211B USB WiFi adapter,but it came with no cord.It works fine when plugged directly into my laptop,but when I plug it into a 5ft usb extension cord Windows recognizes it,but I can pick up no signals that I normally can.Occasionally Windows acts reluctant to recognize it,any...

How can I connect a nonmac webcam to Mac webcam? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop that has a webcam, I want to know how I can chat with a friend that has a mac computer. It hasn't worked so far, can I?

View more questions Search