Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ainsliejulia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Does it matter if the white and yellow wires are switched on a dc jack?
    I recently received a new dc jack for my HP laptop and when looking at it I have noticed that the white and yellow wires are reversed, meaning that at the 6-pin connector end the old connector wiring order was left to right: red,red,white,yellow,black,black. The new one is red,red,yellow,white,black,black. Will this still work or am I going to have to order another one?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 02:44 AM

It would be wise for you to post more information concerning what type of laptop you have and any sort of model numbers you may have on the old and/or new jack.

Thank You.
    ainsliejulia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
    OK, its an HP laptop model G61-320CA
    CD power input socket is #533465-001
    The old and new one is same number. Looks identical in everywat except the yellow and white wires are switched. They run out of the socket in the same order as the old one, but when get to connector end, they are switched. If a picture helps I can supply one. Thanks
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 02:08 PM

A picture will help, I will look based of what you provided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve, white and blue wires: which is TH and which is TR? [ 2 Answers ]

Simple version... 36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve, white and blue wires: which is TH and which is TR? Long version... I'm installing a new gas valve in my 1989 era coleman furnace (The correct modern replacement, the 36C67-189 White Rodgers Gas Valve). My furnace has a white and a blue wire. ...

White rodgers thermostat black and white wires [ 1 Answers ]

We have a very old white roger thermostat for our gas furnace and are replacing it with a honeywell rth2310. Our current thermostat only has two wire one balck and the other white. Where do I make the connections.

Hi I have a ritetemp thermostats and I have seven wires red blue white yellow green [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a ritetemp thermostats and I have seven wires red blue white yellow green pink white

I just switched my thermostat it has 7 wires red,orange,yellow green,white, blue,brwn [ 1 Answers ]

The thermostat I bought doesn't match all the letters that are associated with the wires I do got we attatched most the wires but we got 3 left over the brown one the blue and red wires and we don't know where to connect them to turn the heat on

Color of phone jack wires [ 5 Answers ]

I've searched and found many sites the list several color combinations of phone jack wires but, none of them match our colors. We have solid colors; light orange and dark orange twisted together; light brown and dark brown twisted together; ligt blue and dark blue twisted together and light green...

View more questions Search