Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bestfriend9456 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 04:07 PM
    What does my best guy friend wants from me?
    I've been friends with a guy for a year and he's dating my best friend.
    We hang out all the time together. When it's the three of us, we have fun
    But if it's him and I hanging out, he shuts down. When his girlfriend is mad
    At him he will text me like crazy but then he'd barely talk to me. It
    Pisses me off because I don't know if he cares about me as a friend
    Or not. I am so confused, am I not a good enough friend for him
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Aug 19, 2010, 04:23 PM

Answers yes. He is off limits to because he dated your best friend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 03:41 AM

Has nothing to do with you, just that he has to keep a distance, so his girlfriend doesn't get all jealous, and make life hard on him. It happens all the time no matter how close friends are, or have been.

Romance just makes people possessive sometimes, and its hard when there are conflicts, and sides to take. Its probably best to back away from them both, and have other friends besides just them, to hang with, because then you won't take his behavior so personally. There are boundaries between a guy, and his girlfriends friends even though you are all friends, just because she has to get a lot more of his attention, and time than he gives you. Just to avoid conflicts.

How old are all of you?

Aug 20, 2010, 08:38 AM

He's 26 she's 19 and I'm 21
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 08:43 AM

You don't need to be friends with him. Why would he have a relationship with you apart from his girl friend? Why do you want there to be?
    He is staying within established boundaries and you should probably do the same.
    Stop hanging out with them so much.

Aug 20, 2010, 10:01 AM

I barely ever hang out with him alone and plus he doesn't want to stop being my friend. He and my best friend are helping me through the loss of a
    Loved one. I told him I can't be friends with him but he wants us to be
    Friends. He said" just cause she and I are dating, doesn't
    mean I'm gonna not want to be your friend."
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 10:09 AM

When his girlfriend is mad
    at him he will text me like crazy but then he'd barely talk to me. It
    pisses me off because I don't know if he cares about me as a friend
    or not. I am so confused, am I not a good enough friend for him

I'm not getting what you see your problem is? You say he barely talks to you then you say he wants to be friends.
    Maybe he is secretly attracted to you in which case you need to leave him alone.
    If you tell him you can't be friends with him, it does not matter what he says. Stay away from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my guy friend to ask me out? [ 20 Answers ]

I'm not that old, I'm still a teenager. My friend that I have a crush on I think has a crush on me too but I can't tell. I have to sit by him everyday and I have a couple of classes with him. We are both on the track team and other things. I have had a couple of random people come up to us when we...

Me and My friend like the same guy [ 11 Answers ]

A really good friend of mine asked me to help out with a video project for her English class. When I helped out I met one of her friends, and he was really cute and sweet. I've been talking to him on Facebook for a while and the three of us have been hanging out a lot together lately. A few days...

My best friend and I really really like the same guy [ 63 Answers ]

My best friend and I really really like the same guy. Only thing is, I kind of told him not to flirt with me anymore because it was an online thing and we hadn't met. He had, however, met my friend. Well me and him met in person yesterday, and I have strong feelings for him, but my friend thinks...

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

Guy best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I'll get straight to the point. I have four best friends (2 girls, 2 guys) and I love them all. They are the best! But, the problem is that one of the guys has a deep crush on me. It's been this way for a long time. He is incredibly sweet, nice, and completely understands me, yet I...

View more questions Search