Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Maytag washer SAV4655EWW is noisy during spin cycles.
    Washer has a loud, deep, rhythmic rattle which sounds like it comes from the center, maybe near the bottom of the agitator. The wash loads are always carefully balanced and the washer is level.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 02:09 PM

Does noise only occur during spin cycle?

Aug 19, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Yes, both after the wash and after the rinse.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 05:11 PM

Is the drain hose sealed to the washer stand pipe or is it just hanging in the pipe?

Aug 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
    The drain hose is just hanging in the pipe.

Sep 14, 2010, 07:35 AM

Turned out I had to replace the idler wheel pulley. The drive belt goes around it. The plastic wheel was laying on the floor of the washer and its metal liner was still on the shaft. I had to remove the retaining ring at the bottom of the shaft so the liner would come off (with assorted washers), and then replace it with a new one. It wasn't as easy as it sounds because access was almost impossible. Now the washer is nice and quiet. Maybe this answer will help someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Performa Washer only spins on 1 of three available cycles [ 8 Answers ]

We had our Maytag Performa Washer looked at and were told it needed a new timer to fix the spin cycle. It washes fine but doesn't spin on the normal cycle we use. I have to move it to the spin on the delicate cycle for it to spin out, then move it back to the rinse cycle to rinse, then move it...

Kenmore washer noisy spin cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washer purchased Mar. 2001. The final spin cycle is very noisy (sounds like -but isn't- an unbalanced load) what should I check first?

Whirlpool washer won't spin all other cycles work [ 0 Answers ]

My whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin all of the other cycles work . Where should I start as far as fixing it

Maytag Performa Washer only spins on 1 of three cycles [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag Performa Washer model#PAV2000AWW that washes fine but doesn't spin on the normal cycle we use. I have to move it to the spin on the presoak cycle for it to spin out, then move it back to the rinse cycle to rinse, then move it back to the presoak cycle to spin out the rinse water. ...

Maytag washer not moving through cycles in wash [ 3 Answers ]

Our washing machine is about 12 years old. It's a Maytag. Ever since we bought it new, it will have times where it will continuesly drip drip drip water from the place where the water comes out to fill the basin. It will do it for a while after every load of laundry... and then suddenly it will...

View more questions Search