Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beanieb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Access to foster care records 1939
    My father was fostered in 1939, separately from his brother. I would like to trace his brother and would like to know if it's possible to access foster records?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2010, 01:06 PM

First I doubt if any records from that period are available. Any record would not have been on computer and would have long ago been boxed up and stored at some location.
    Also so much of what happened in the 20's though 40s were not always official.

I doubt that first any records exist, and next if they did, you would not be able to get access to them
    tnmorgen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 08:00 AM
    I have a similar problem. My mother was fostered to a family in 1939. The rest of her siblings returned home in 1940, but the family she was with was german, and she never went home. I'm trying to find out why she was not returned, when the rest were. The german association hurt her, as well as not being returned.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tnmorgen View Post
    I have a similar problem. My mother was fostered to a family in 1939. The rest of her siblings returned home in 1940, but the family she was with was german, and she never went home. I'm trying to find out why she was not returned, when the rest were. the german association hurt her, as well as not being returned.

What's the German Association?

The Court ordered her returned and the family refused to return her? No one went to Court?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

Tracking my foster care records/history [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I was in foster care as a small child. (I remember living with strangers in different houses, but always thought that they were family friends who cared for me during my parent's separation... denial is crazy! ) Anyway, I would like to find out how I ended up there,...

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search