Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aritzia16 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 07:59 PM
    Will the police still call my parents?
    Ok, so I did one stupid act, which is probably the bigger mistake of my life so far. I shoplifted a friend at a supermarket and we got caught. I am 16 and my friend is 15. What happened was the officer let us off with a warning, and we are banned from the place we took from for 6 months. The thing is since I'm over the age of 16, I don't need a parent to get me, and therefore they didn't call my parents and so they don't know anything. My issue is will they still call my house or write a letter or something letting my parents know what happened.

Aug 18, 2010, 08:00 PM

Sorry correction * with a friend
    FoxCash Posts: 160, Reputation: 125

Aug 18, 2010, 08:10 PM

It would be better if you just told your parents anyway. What are you going to say if your parents and you go to that store?

You admit what you did was wrong but to hide it from your parents is not a step in the right direction. Being honest would show that you are learning from this.

Whether they will call or not, I don't know. But even if you were left off with a warning there is still a chance of a Civil Demand making it to your house and since you are a minor it could very well be sent in your parents names.

Show you learned a lesson and tell your parents. It will be better if they hear it from you instead of from some other method.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 08:21 PM

Tell your Parents. Every time the phone rings are you going to worry who it is? Your Parents will be angry but they aren't going to stop loving you.

Confession is good for the soul.

Aug 18, 2010, 11:50 PM

Ahhh thanks for the advice guys, but you actually don't understand, I will be like dead if they figure out. I would be in so much trouble, and my life would just end there
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritzia16 View Post
    Ahhh thanks for the advice guys, but you actually don't understand, I will be like dead if they figure out. I would be in so much trouble, and my life would just end there
    If they find out from the store manager or the police, it will be much worse. Parents have a way of knowing.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 09:10 AM

If they haven't by now, then probably not.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 11:19 AM

You and your friend know. How many people have you told? How many has she told?

Some of the friends parents and some of the other parents know.
    People talk! A secret is not a secret when more than one person knows.

If another person tells your parents, not only will they be embarrassed by not knowing,
    They'll be more upset by your not telling.

Be honest and they'll trust you more if you tell them the truth and suffer the consequences.

Aug 20, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    If they haven't by now, then probably not.
    Now that's an answer I'd like to see, your prob right

Aug 20, 2010, 12:12 PM

Only three of us know, me, my friend and her brother who we paid off
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritzia16 View Post
    Now that's an answer I'd like to see, your prob right
    Don't bet on it. You will be found out. Your parents are going to know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got caught stealing but police did not come I was told they will call me [ 25 Answers ]

I got caught stealing, the undercover security caught me and took me to the back room, she took my info and told me that the police will call me at home and disscuse what happen and I will then be told if it's a warning or a court date They also told me that I will get a letter in the mail stating...

Do I call police if I think I hit a car [ 2 Answers ]

I turned right out of a parking lot into a busy street. I miss calculated and the car in the next lane swerved. At first they kept going in their lane, then they started following me. I just thought they were being nasty so I kept going. Should I call the police to see if they filed a report or...

Was I wrong to call the police on my son? [ 7 Answers ]

I am the divorced mother of a 19 year-old son. When he becomes enraged, he shouts vulgar profanity at the top of his lungs. I have repeatedly told him that shouting and the use of loud profanity is unacceptable in my house. During one argument several months ago, I told him if he did this again,...

Threatens to call police [ 8 Answers ]

I am a good mother, and I have proofs that I am. But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby? My baby is 5 months old.

Can I call in a police report for car hit in work parking lot months later? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My car was hit in work parking lot. Person who hit my car left a note. I called him and one of the guys from work took car to fix it. Guy fixing car was also working on engine. When I got the car back the dent in front fender had been pulled out, but, looked like crap. So now it is like 6...

View more questions Search