Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2010, 04:59 PM

You send the original Motion to Compel Documents to the Court Clerk. You send a copy to the attorney handling the lawsuit for Chase. Then call up the Judge's Judicial Assistant and ask for a hearing date for this motion to be heard. Then send out a Notice of Hearing for the Motion to Compel documents after the allotted time frame to produce the documents has come and gone. Say in your state it's 30 days to produce the documents. Call the Judicial Assistant at day 34 to set down the formal hearing. At the hearing the Judge will then give Chase so many days (usually 10 days) to produce the documents. After the 10 days comes and goes then is when you file the Motion to Dismiss. At the time you file the Motion to Dismiss call up the Judicial Assistant and get a hearing date and then send out the Notice of Hearing on Motion to Dismiss. Original to the Court, copy to the Judge along with a copy of your Motion to Dismiss and a copy of notice of hearing and a copy of the Motion to Dismiss to Chase's attorney. Good luck.
    lwjmonroe Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 05:33 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    Thanks for your help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2010, 05:52 PM

A motion to quash is to end the suit. Your only grounds might be that the debt is not valid. You should be asking the plaintiff to produce verification of the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Being sued for credit cards how to defend yourself [ 1 Answers ]

Defend yourself in court over credit cards

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Being sued by capital one for credit cards [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued my capital one in small claims court. What do I do. I don't make that much money and I wanted to know can they garnish my wages. Also they left the summons on the door step can the summons person just leave that on the door step I know for a fact it has to be put in your hand:eek:

View more questions Search