Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabmd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 06:01 PM
    After a GREAT first date...
    I had a GREAT first date with a guy on Tuesday night. We kept it simple - coffee for an hour and a half. There was never a lull in the conversation, no awkwardness at all. The date ended nicely with him telling me that "next time I will get you more than coffee". I walked away feeling great and wanting another date. I am very interested!

However - I didn't get a follow-up from him yesterday, which unnerved me. So at about 4 in the afternoon, I sent him a simple text message: "I just wanted to thank you again for the coffee last night. I had a great time!" in about 4 minutes, I got a response: "You're welcome. It was fun."

Not much to go on, huh? And I haven't heard from him as of yet, today.

Is he playing it cool, or is he blowing me off? I know he is busy - he runs his own business - but he is the one that pursued me in the first place.

What is the standard for a call back? I am kind of new to this dating thing after being divorced. Anyone? Anyone?
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Dec 22, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabmd
    I had a GREAT first date with a guy on Tuesday night. We kept it simple - coffee for an hour and a half. There was never a lull in the conversation, no awkwardness at all. The date ended nicely with him telling me that "next time I will get you more than coffee". I walked away feeling great and wanting another date. I am very interested!

However - I didn't get a follow-up from him yesterday, which unnerved me. So at about 4 in the afternoon, I sent him a simple text message: "I just wanted to thank you again for the coffee last night. I had a great time!" in about 4 minutes, I got a response: "You're welcome. It was fun."

Not much to go on, huh? And I haven't heard from him as of yet, today.

Is he playing it cool, or is he blowing me off? I know he is busy - he runs his own business - but he is the one that pursued me in the first place.

What is the standard for a call back? I am kind of new to this dating thing after being divorced. Anyone? Anyone?
    The kicker is... guys don't have standards for call backs. There are some that will call you minutes after they drop you off at your house and there are others who will call you three days later.

Based on his comments (and him pursuing you first), I would say he sounds like he is still interested in seeing you again... but remember, if you want the guy to take the lead, it will always be on his time. Give it a few days and if you don't hear from him, give him a call and suggest a movie on you, or something of the sort. That way you don't look pushy to see him again but he still knows you have an interest.

It's tough! Good Luck! :)
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 22, 2006, 07:51 AM
    As hard as it may seem, you need to keep it slow. You made contact and thanked him and that is all you should do until he contacts you next.

Guys are weird that way, it seems they get all preoccupied with stuff and then you may cross their mind and then they'll call you. If he owns his own business, he is probably pretty busy. You will need to be patient.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Patients, and I hope you have a life where you are doing things that you enjoy and are happy without his input. Many have made the mistake of moving to fast, and giving up there own life and making this new partner their life. Not good in the long run. Make sure you go slow, and get to know each other, and keep a balance in your life between a partner and your own life.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
    It's the holidays. I'm sure he's focused on other things right now. He may not call until after January 1st.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Great Gatsby [ 1 Answers ]

How does Gatsby's life verify the theme "blind pursuit of an ideal is destructive"? How is Gatsby's life like a Horatio Alger story?

Great players [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think it means when someone says the great players do the little things? I really hope I can get some answers on this, and if you do answer, then thanks alot

Just want to say that this forum is GREAT! [ 8 Answers ]

Hey all! Ive just been here for a couple of days now and Ive surfed the sit like 3 hours and I have learnt SOO much! Thank you and keep it up! Wonder PS. Sorry if its not a question and if it beloongs some where else but you people deserve some positive feedback! :)

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search