Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 05:39 PM

Ohh how do you know they are boys or girls?

I called the Molly Be Bop and the fan tale Rock steady. The others don't have names yet lol :o
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Ohh how do you know they are boys or girls?

I called the Molly Be Bop and the fan tale Rock steady. The others don't have names yet lol :o
    Name one Brett and the other Axle Rose:eek:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 01:09 AM

Boys have a pointy anal fin, the girls have a fanned one.

If you look under them the males look like they have a skinny, solid fin underneath them ;)
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 09:01 AM

The on in the bowl looks female to me, not to sure because the bowl makes it look weird :P

Have fun if you have males and females!
    Dogs Expert

Sep 9, 2010, 05:50 PM

My fish have ick :(

I bought that stuff that turns the water green. I did my first dosage today and it says to repeat in 48 hours. How many times do I need do repeat the process?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 12:30 AM

Turn your heater up. 85 degrees usually kills the parasite.

Add salt.. Freshwater salt. Salt helps the fish relax and heal faster.

Get a copper based medicine such as Coppersafe by Mardel.

Its not recommended to do a lot of water changes during treatments. Typically, you want to do the treatment, most ask for the medicine to be re added to the same water in 2 days without a water change. In 7 days.. do a partial water change. During this time, take the carbon out. The carbon will deactivate the medication. After the 7 days, if the symptoms haven't gone away, do it all over again until its all gone.

This website has some good info.

Understanding and Treating Ich or White Spot
    Dogs Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 11:20 AM

Just an update, all my fishies survived the ick! I had one casualty, well I think I did, because one of my male sword tales is totally MIA. Not sure if the tetra, the molly, the female sword tale or the pleco ate him, but he is gone :(

I am now a back yard fish breeder! My red eye tetra had a baby! :D
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 02:50 PM

My fish just had a drop the other day! It's okay, were both backyard fish breeders!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A few fish questions [ 3 Answers ]

-I have a pond fish who jumped out of the pond a little while ago, he had flies and ants all over him.. we managed to safe him but now he has white "fluff" on him.. I think it is a fungal infection but I don't know.. can someone confirm? And if it is what is the best medication to use (Brand)? ...

Fish tank questions [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30 gallon guppy tank that I have a few questions about 1. one of my female guppys died the other day while/after giving birth(I'm not to sure because she was dead and there were new babies in the tank and she was the only one ready to give birth) Why would this happen? She has had...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search