Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 11:55 AM
    PS3 burring edges of DVD's
    Basically our PS3 has tried to eat 2 dvds so far. They still work (with a little encouragement) but the entire edge of the disc looks like someone has run sandpaper around it and little bits of plastic stick out.

What could cause this?

Could dust get in there and rub on it (wood heater is a nightmare for dust)? If so how would we clean it?
    pmjlghrs Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2011, 07:36 PM
    It's most likely due to overheating or dust. If it's overheating, it's probably if the vents on your system are blocked. If it's dust, there are shops that can clean or repair whatever's going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HD TV picture shifts at edges, other source OK [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Vizio 37 inch TV - connected to a Comcast HD cable box. Everything was fine unil this evening. The cable TV picture now has a fiarily significant shift/flickr on the lower edge with a white line appearing on and off. The picture overall seems to shift. This is HD and non HD channels...

Hardwood Flooring Edges [ 2 Answers ]

We are about to rip out carpet and install a few hundred (this round) ft2 of hardwood flooring. What is considered the "correct" way to edge? Do we pull out the wood baseboards, install the floor under them and reinstall with or without 1/4 round? Do we just butt the flooring up to the...

TV Picture has blurred Text at edges [ 2 Answers ]

My Television a 4 year old 32" widescreen Cathode Ray Tube Panasonic does not provide clearly visible text at the edges of the screen. The text in the centre of the screen is fine but at the edge it is impossible to read so when watching football we cannot see the Team abbreviation in the top left....

Uneven edges on wall durarock [ 3 Answers ]

I installed durarock for a new shower wall, think I was tired by the time I got to the last piece. There is a difference of about 3/8" between 2 sheets. I tried to feather it out with thinset when I taped all the seams, but I don't know if it will work long term. How much thinset can you use to...

New laminate flooring - edges? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having new laminate flloring installed. I didn't think that you should see slightly lifted adges at nearly all the plank to plank interfaces, but I see this at many spots. It's as if the laminate has buckled up just a little when they installed the pieces. I think that you have to put...

View more questions Search