Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmoon7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Property has Two Title holders- One leaves, the other stay dealing with the Bank
    Property has Two Title holders- One leaves to live somewhere, the other stay dealing with the Bank and the Foreclosure issues. Can the remaining title holder still save the property? The loan is a FHA... a government. Is there is still hope? What will happen to the title holder that left.. What will happen to the one left behind dealing with everything?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2010, 01:11 PM

The title holders have equal responsibility and equal rights. If one person walked away from the property and the other couldn't afford to keep up payments they can sue the defaulter for what they owe. Both title holders will have the foreclosure on their credit records.
    askmoon7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The title holders have equal responsibility and equal rights. if one person walked away from the property and the other couldn't afford to keep up payments they can sue the defaulter for what they owe. Both title holders will have the foreclosure on their credit records.
    Thank you for your quick response!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If someone leaves property at my house [ 1 Answers ]

If ex boyfriend used my basement for storage for personal large items and doesn't come for them, is it my right to keep it.

US Taxation of Real Estate Property in India for OCI card holders [ 1 Answers ]

I am an US citizen and an OCI card holder. I recently purchased property in Inida . The Property is still under construction and not expected to finish till next year although I paid for it this year (taking a loan from my 401k) . Where should I report this investment if it needs to be reported ?

Entering premises when tenant vacates without notice but leaves property [ 4 Answers ]

We have a rental property with a one year lease still in effect. What happens if the tenant turns off all of the utilities and the rent is past due, but they have not notified the landlord that they plan to leave? Calls to the tenants cell phone and messages left have gone unanswered and...

Bank Account Garnishment and dealing with judgements. Serious response ONLY. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 judgements against me. 1 is for a broken lease and the other is for a 900 dollar bill with a major creditor who has passed it along to a lawyer. I made attempts to avoid court with both debts, but in both cases, the payment arrangements I could make were not good enough. In short, I could...

View more questions Search