Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riley1022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Cause of a mysterious wet spot
    I have a problem that has stumped both an AC tech and a plumber. I have an acadian style house. On the back porch, there is a wet spot on the ceiling in the same location where the upstairs AC is. We had the drain line checked (clear) and the plumber thought the drain elbow (under the eaves floor) might be cracked so he rerouted the drain and wrapped the pipe. The wet spot remains. The unit is completely clean and dry. My eaves are dry also with no apparent leaks anywhere. The consensus seems to be condensation in the subfloor of the eaves that is dripping down. But from what? The drain line is dry with no leaks and is above the subfloor. Meanwhile the wet spot continues to damage the wood. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions for where else to look?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 18, 2010, 09:10 AM

Has anyone opened up the ceiling and tracked the leak back to the source? There's just got to be a way to locate this. No moisture whatsoever around the AC collection pan or drain line? How about the cooling coils could condensate be coming from there? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mysterious damp spot in the garage [ 13 Answers ]

We've been in our house a little over a year. This spring a damp spot appeared (it wasn't there before) in the concrete floor of our under-house garage. And it hasn't gone away. We have no idea what's causing it and pondering it has left us baffled. The spot is about 3 feet in diameter, off...

Why is there a wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler... yes it goes away when t [ 1 Answers ]

What is causing the wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler? Yes it goes away when the cooler is off

Recurring wet spot in my bedroom floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recurring wet spot in my bedroom floor. It happened the day after the swamp coller was turned on. The wet spot is in the middle of the floor only. What can it be and what do we do to fix it?

Wet spot in wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wet spot in the middle of an interior wall. The area backs up to a bathroom and has a vent pipe in the cavity. The vent runs up to the attic then crosses the flooor for about 20 feet before venting outside.The pitch is away from the area getting damp.Any ideas?

Small spot on rug wet--on slab--no basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have noticed a small wet spot on our rug, which happens to be next to a ceramic tile, near our entryway. The wet spot is about 3" from a closet, and on the other side of the back of the closet wall is our laundry room, with washer and dryer. The grout on the tile next to the wet spot is...

View more questions Search