Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Looking for free DVD Clone software
    I've tried a few free trial programs that I found at download.com but I'm not finding any free ones.

I'd like to backup some DVDS to DVD-R so that they will be playable in a typical US DVD player.

Are there any free programs that any of y'all know of?

Thanks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 10:45 AM

No free programs that I know of. My favorites are AVS4YOU where you buy one program and have access to the rest of the programs forever. I use their video converter literally every day to convert downloaded DVD's from a subscription program I subscribe to. I have over 400 movies I've downloaded, converted and burned using this program's software.

They do have a free trial of the program so you can see how it runs and acts. That's how I ended up buying the program.

Then I also have Nero Express that I got when I bought a new DVD burner for my computer tower. Like that program as well. It's a shorter, lighter program that does what I want.

I also have the Roxio ultimate shebang but I don't use it as it takes up too much space and quite frankly the AVS video converter and burner works faster. I ended up deleting it from my computer and storing the disc in a drawer. That was just $ thrown away if you ask me. Roxio was too large.

I am not aware of any freebie but you could cruise the MajorGeeks.com site if you want to check out some good software.

Also, the DVD- discs sometimes don't burn at the proper speeds but end up burning at 4X for instance and not the 16X speed that the disc has printed on it. I use the DVDR+ discs and they do just fine burning and playing in regular DVD home rinky dink players. Cost is the same, too.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 11:45 AM

CloneDVD5 is what I'm liking, but it's $70. I'm a cheapskate so was hoping that there was a freebie out there somewhere.

I'll try your suggestions.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 12:35 PM

The AVS4YOU has all sorts of software to copy DVD's, CD's basically everything and anything. It is also a good software for copying store bought DVD's. I like to buy DVD's that are foreign language and then reburn them with just the English subtitiles or just the English dubbed in. Then I don't have to mess with the DVD player and the menu baloney and can just watch the movie.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. This software does it all and then some. They are out of Europe so you can convert the DVD's to the European format as well and vice versa. Converts ISO files so I can burn to DVD's as well.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Best Free DVD Ripper
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 01:11 PM

Virtual CloneDrive - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 01:35 PM

Search results | Open Source Alternative - osalt.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd software [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Does anybody know a dvd creator software that lets you create a dvd? Like it lets you create your own menu, and letting you be able to put behind the scenes and deleted scenes and special features. Not just your average 1 video (which is just the "play" button) and "Notes" button:rolleyes: but...

What is the name of the dvd clone program with the fox and the mouse or cow? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a software that I downloaded for 21 day trial. It was for cloning dvd. One had a fox logo and the other was a cow or mouse. Do you know the name of the software program? It allows me to copy any DVD!! :)

Any Software to Burn DVD with CD Writer? [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, I'm looking for any software which can burn DVD images using CD-Writer. I have a CD-Writer. Cheers! -Just.

Dvd burner software? [ 7 Answers ]

Yes Hi I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knew a free software program that burners dvd to disks very fast I have a pentium 3 at 700 mzh And a ram of 384 and 20 GB of space and the one I have now takes over 4 1/2 hours to burn a movie is there a way or program that can make it faster any...

DVD Authoring Software [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering what people recommend when it comes to DVD creating software. I'm not wanting to be able to copy DVD's but burn movie clips I already have to DVD so that I can play them in my DVD player. My burner came with Win DVDCreator 2 but it doesn't work. I want to be able to create menus...

View more questions Search