Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Red Rain132 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 09:05 PM
    What should I do if I don't want to take my pills
    I take anti deppresents and really I hate taking them my mother freaks if I stop taking them or forget. I hate them because I don't like know that there controlling how I feel I can feel anything but sadness and it sucks. I also hate having to remember to take them I also hate how if I feel deprss they just add on to the dose I just sucks ***.
    missylove33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 09:15 PM

I used to take antidepressints to they just help the cemicals go normaly it change you because the cemicals will start getting balenced cause your not supposed to feel depressed and if you taking those pills and there not making it better you should try a different one or its just you body dosint react to it so you have to take more than normally and the remembering to take them everyday you its hard and you can't skip or it messes it up but if you can do like sticky notes or something to remind you after awhile you'll remember to take them normally .
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missylove33 View Post
    i used to take antidepressints to they just help the cemicals go normaly it change u because the cemicals will start getting balenced cause your not supposed to feel depressed and if you taking those pills and there not making it better you should try a diffrent one or its just you body dosint react to it so you have to take more than normally and the remembering to take them everyday ya its hard and you can't skip or it messes it up but if you can do like sticky notes or something to remind you after awhile youll remember to take them normally .
    Usually a doctor or nurse or someone else answer these questions. I can only say; take your medication just as a Doctor has perscribed. If you don't feel better see your doctor. I am not in the medical profession but I can tell you , do as your doctor says.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 09:28 PM

Since you still live at home and are responsible to your parents, please don't stop taking them. Like missy said, it takes a while for your body to get in synch or decide it doesn't work with that particular med. You may have to try several different ones before you find the one that works best for you.

How many do you take per day? (Wait until you get old and have to take blood pressure pills and heart pills and diuretics and maybe prostate pills plus all kinds of vitamins -- and try to balance all those during a day's time.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 09:36 PM

I also want to add that if you miss a pill, it can set you back. In other words, it won't work if you don't take it daily.

I'm on anti-depressants, I have been since 2001. I've tried to stop before, thinking that I didn't need them anymore. I do.

If you take them every day and after 6 months you still don't notice a difference, than talk to your doctor, you may need a different type of medication. There is no cure all for everyone, it can take time to find what works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are these pills? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to pick up my medication and was given a different kind .The wrong kind just wanted to know what the other pills where that mine had been switched with .And what they would do to me if I did'nt notice and took one.Pill (white oval with apo on one side and 083 on the other.WHAT did the...

33 pills [ 9 Answers ]

I am 13 years old and just took 33 different types of pills! Will it kill me?

I need to know what these pills are for [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently started taking care of a friends elderly parent whom is on several medications. I have asked what his medications are for and he wasn't for sure what these two were for and I am curious as I know the others he is on are for like acid indigestion/ acid reflux and dizziness. Just...

Pills [ 3 Answers ]

I found a pill with 80 on one side and ndh or dhn on the other side it is round and green any idea what it is?

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

View more questions Search