Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kafarber51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 03:37 PM
    DSL connection
    I have no phone jack near my computer. I can get the phone near my computer to work with a RCA wireless phone jack. My sbc Yahoo! Dsl modem, however, will not work with the wireless jack. It will work if I drag a phone cord across my house & plug it in directly. Does anyone know of a wireless solution that will work for both my phone line & my dsl modem?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 22, 2006, 08:07 AM
    DSL requries a clean signal to maintain connection, so there is probably not a wireless phone jack solution that will work.

An alternative would be to get a wireless router (or check with SBC Yahoo! To see if they have a modem with integrated wireless) and put a wireless network card in your PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSL Connection [ 3 Answers ]

OK here is my issue I have verizon fios hooked up to my newer model dell no problem just acquired an old hp provillian and am trying to hook it up the same router so the kids need not be on my system messing with my work. Problem is I am an idiot and have no idea what I am doing. I hooked the...

Slow DSL connection [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having very slow dsl connection speed. Its only gives the bandwidth of 180kbps. It was supposed to give the banwidth of 380kbps+. System specs are CPU 1.49ghz,athlon,winxp,256 RAM,cnet lan card. I tried changing the computer terminal by connecting to the same DSL. The speed was 390kbs....

Best dsl service [ 2 Answers ]

I presently have Direct TV DSL. They are ceasing operations soon and I need to decide on another service. I would like to go with another DSL service, if possilbel, but I would consider going with a cable-broadband system. I am in the Atlanta area. My questions are how good is Bellsouth DSL. ...

DSL Connection gets interrupted after a couple... [ 1 Answers ]

I believe that the problem that I'm having has to have something to do with my DSL Connection because after a couple of hours of being connected it gets interrupted, all opened programs freeze, and nothing works. When I try to save my work in any open program, Outlook Express, Word or...

Dsl connection [ 1 Answers ]

When connecting High Speed DSL connections,which connection is better,USB or Ethernet, I can use either one

View more questions Search