Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayyleyyyyy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
    I have reddy-brown hair, will my hair go pink if I use a blonde permanent dye over it
    I have naturally golden blonde hair, and I dyed it blonde about 3 times so I was pretty blonde, I then got sick of the prices , up-keep and damage being done to my hair for about 10 months I used semi-permanent brown hair colours. Recently, I put in a shade called 'chocolate brownie' , which turned nearly auburn, I put in in twice then 3 weeks after I put it in the second time, I used Color oops to try lighten my hair. My hair is still a reddy-brown colour, and I've been told by a hairdresser that if I use a permanent blonde over it, my hair might go pink. She also said if I got highlights they would just go red. Can someone please help me? I'm sick of brown hair and itching to be blonde before school ! :( x
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 06:11 PM

Well if it's just plain blond hair dye, your hair may go orange. What you may need to do is actually bleach your hair and then put a neutral blond hair color over top. Red is one of the hardest colors to maintain, but also the hardest to remove.
    animepierced Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Yeah, I say it would go an orange, bleech your hair then die it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I dye my dyed brown hair blonde using xxl blonde dye [ 11 Answers ]

hey, ive been dying my hair since i was about 13 now, and ive had it multiple shades of brown, and one red. some semi-perminent and some perminent. recently i decided to dye my hair a medium blonde and was wondering if by using the xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf, i could lighten it up back to...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

Non-permanent hair dye on blonde hair [ 3 Answers ]

I have naturally long, very light blonde hair and decided to try a non-permanent black hair dye which apparently lasts 28 washes as it would then wash out without permanently changing the colour of my hair. However I've washed my hair a good 30-40 times since doing it and the colour hasn't even...

View more questions Search