Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marc177s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Kohler engine won't start?
    I have a Kohler Command 15.5 CV15S that quit running. No power to the main harness which means no spark. I jumped a wire from ignition into harness and got spark, motor ran great. After the motor warms up it won't start again. I check for spark and there's not spark again. If I put a new plug in it fires up runs great. But, I try to re-start and again the same thing, no spark even with a good plug. When I put in a fresh plug, again runs great. Although it seems to have an unusually hot spark. The spark is really arcing like I've never seen. When I re-check the old plug later it has good spark again. Could the Ignition Module be bad allowing too much juice to the plug? I'm using the recommended Champion RC12YC plugs.

Check out some similar questions!

22 HP Kohler Engine Fails to Start [ 4 Answers ]

I've replaced the plugs, fuel/air filters and verified the fuel pump worked. Used starter fluid, and engine started but did not continue to run. Suggestions?

Kohler 15.5 larnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My lawnmower will not start. I charged the battery, cleaned and tightened connections. It just sits there, does not even turn over. Thanks

Scotts (John Deere) with Kohler engine won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

Scotts (John Deere) riding mower with Kohler engine won't start!! Jump starting = no help. Made sure seat safety switch clean and ignition fuse OK. Brake on. Parking brake on/off. Disengaged and re-engaged tranny. Made sure blade handle full up and a little more and a little less just in case...

Engine won't start [ 1 Answers ]

94 honda accord won't start I have spark but no injector pulse

17.5 kohler won't start it back fires [ 1 Answers ]

My 17.5 kohler won't start it keeps back firing

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.