Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aswan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 02:24 PM
    No Signal
    hello,

my monitor shows "No Signal" just about every time I play a game or watch a movie. This only happens at those two instances, other than that my system works fine. At first I thought my monitor was faulty, so checked my system with another monitor and the same thing keeps happening.

I'm thinking its either my graphic card or my motherboard which is causing this problem, but I have no way of testing.

please help, its driving me up the wall!!
    thanks in advance.

my system specs:

processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    ram: CORSAIR PC3200 (2GB)
    motherboard: DFI nF4 SLI Infinity
    graphic card: MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 22, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Sounds like your system drops the monitor signal while switching resolutions. Have you tried upgrading your video driver from http://www.nvidia.com ?
    aswan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 04:04 PM
    I upgraded my driver from msi website, couldn't find the driver on nvidia. So far no problems. I think this might just work. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal [ 1 Answers ]

When shutting down, my monitor nor hard drive cut off. You hear a click and the monitor says no signal. I have to hold in button on hard drive for system to cut off. Can anybody help me? I am a beginner Thanks

Pc problem no signal [ 1 Answers ]

I install a video card, and memory and received a no signal message from the monitor, what is the problem.

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

No video no signal [ 5 Answers ]

I had a problem with the video of my computer. There was no screen, it was blank. I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked. I also tried a different monitor on the same computer and it didn't work, so I determined it to be the box. The motherboard has a built in video card, serial,...

View more questions Search