Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devika99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 02:07 AM
    Dog gets open wounds with maggots
    Muggets problem in dogs

Hi guys ,even my dog got muggets due to a dog attack on him and I took him to the vet immediately.But as I had an interaction with the docter he told me to follow certain steps in case of muggets which I would like to share with all of you.

1.Make sure your dog is dry in case of muggets.
    2.Spray diluted dettole or savlon on the wound and try to pluck them out with care.
    3.To keep it dry sprinkle boric powder on the wound repeatedly and make sure it is not wet .
    4.You can also spray Dry turmeric on the open wound.

Thanks guys and take care of your pets.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 03:14 AM

Other than the availability of "dettole" or "savlon" world-wide these seem to be very sensible precautions to prevent fly-strike.

Do you have a link to these products? I'm not familiar with them.
    devika99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Other than the availability of "dettole" or "savlon" world-wide these seem to be very sensible precautions to prevent fly-strike.

Do you have a link to these products? I'm not familiar with them.

Hey dear,

Boric Powder is commanly available at all medicine stores to dry the wounds and kill bacteria and turmeric is an ancient medicine used for healings properties you can also give it to the dog with milk in case of internal injuries... it helps
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 05:35 AM

We have Dettol here, it's an antiseptic spray, very good stuff. We always have a tube of the cream version in the medicine cabinet.
    Thanks for the information devika, hopefully it will be helpful to some, we have had a few people with maggots post on here lately.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 09:00 AM

Another good prevention to maggots getting into a wound is to keep it covered ;)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by devika99 View Post
    Hey dear,

Boric Powder is commanly available at all medicine stores to dry the wounds and kill bacteria and turmeric is an ancient medicine used for healings properties you can also give it to the dog with milk in case of internal injuries ...it helps
    I'm intimately familiar with just about all the boric acid products, and the herb tumeric is well known, but what is "Savlon?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does a hole on the belly with maggots in it mean on a dog? [ 1 Answers ]

My little dog recently died and the day before I noticed she had a hole type thing on her abdomen, inside of her leg that had maggots in it? What caused this? She was 9 years old and had been acting different for only about a week. She died about 12 hours after I found this on her body. Thanks

What's the best natural way to get rid of maggots on my old dog? [ 40 Answers ]

What's the best natural way to get rid of maggots on my old dog? Would washing her with baking soda help? No vets around...

What does it mean when your dog has maggots in their ear [ 23 Answers ]

Ok so my dog has maggots in her wound and they all go up to her ear I'm only 11 and my dad is so lazy and won't do anything about it we don't have money and I tried going around my block to ask people to donate and I got $20 so as I was saying they go up her ear and she has yellow stuff that looks...

View more questions Search