Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianamm74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Septic problems or plumbing problems
    I've had my septic tank pumped 3 times in 2 months thinking that would fix the problem. After our last septic pump.. I ran in the trailer and flushed the commodes and nothing.. the water just rises to the top of the lid and that's it. So there has to be a major blockage somewhere. When we absolutely have to flush our commodes, sewage comes up in our tubs but the commodes won't overflow. I've used a snake on each commode and each tub & come up clean. We bought this place 2yrs ago & have never had a problem like this. We can not find the leach lines any where in the back yard. We don't have a clean out valve so I'm going to take the one off the end of the main black pipe that the sinks and bath tubs drain into and use the snake on it.. I just hope I don't get drowned with everybody's yuk stuff! Yeah, I might be a female but that's how you learn. It's bad enough we have to replace our master bathroom floor. I had to get under the trailer & unhook the pipes so we could at least take a shower in the tub in the small bathroom so the water will run on the ground but I have to get that fixed soon before it ruins that floor. I'm digging up the sewer line that connects to the main line under the trailer to the septic tank.. Everyone's telling me to replace it but I really don't think that's the problem. My boyfriend finally confessed to me that he had been pouring hot grease down the commode in the master bathroom! What a moron! No wonder his mom put him off me! I'm also digging a trench line straight across the septic tank to see if there is any leach lines for sure. Then I'll follow them to make sure they're not damaged. Thank you for help and suggestions... Diana
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 17, 2010, 04:59 AM

Hey Diana,
    I've had my septic tank pumped 3 times in 2 months
    I didn't have to read any farther then that to know that you have a leach field that's so loaded with liquid that it's failed and can no longer disperse what it receives from the septic tank.
    All the snaking in the world ain't going to fix that. You'll have to call in a septic tank company and have them check out your filter bed. Good luck, Tom
    dianamm74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 10:20 AM

Thanks Tom! One thing I forgot to mention and I don't know why because it plays a major role in this. We just found out that the previous owner of the fields surrounding the acre of land we live on had plowed the land about half a foot away from our land to keep the previous owners from mowing over on to his property. Our neighbors love to gossip thank goodness and told us that the tractor happy fool told them that he thinks he plowed up our leach lines but he doesn't have the nerve to come tell us about it and he knows how much trouble we're having. I asked him about it and his answer was... "I don't think so". So.. we found a fresh spot of grass in the field.. I'm taking it that's where the lines are ending. I'm going to find the jacked up leach lines and see what damage has been done and dig up the old leach lines and lay new gravel and new leach lines. There isn't any water standing at all in the field. We've been here for 2yrs and all of a sudden this just started happening when the last hard rain happened. We don't have vents in our bathroom.. which I really hate. It's dry under the trailer. What confuses me... when the septic tank was empty.. why wouldn't the commodes flush? Are the co2 cartridges good to use for situations like these? I appreciate your advice more than you know... Diana

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic tank problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My girlfriends family live in spain, and are having problems with smells around their septic tank, I have looked at the system, and it doesn’t seem right. It should be noted the smell comes after a shower or bath, and it only comes outside around the septic tank, not in the house. There is a...

Plumbing problems [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I hear water in my bathtub when toilets are flushed? Is this a major problem?

Septic Problems [ 11 Answers ]

We have only owned our home for 3 years. We moved in after the house was empty for almost 2 years. The septic system is only 8 years old. Two months after we moved in we started have effluent coming to the surface of our back yard. We dug up straight lines from tank and found one not attached to...

Septic tank problems [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good home brew to add to septic tanks to help them work... Years ago guy who cleaned my septic tank told me of mixture of cheap, home items to add... works better than commercial and lots cheaper... one item I remember is brown sugar and yeast... any ideas would be appreciated... I lost...

Major Continuous Septic Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I've never used this site before but came across it on the Internet and thought it might help our situation. We have had continuous septic problems over the past 4 years. It all started when we had our septic pumped for the first time. Roughly about a year or year and a half later, it...

View more questions Search