Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Aug 16, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Slip and fall, cause for concern?
    Basically my (56 year old) mother slipped and fell on her bad knee on a wet sidewalk. Her other knee was replaced a few years ago, and they told her this one would probably need it too. She insists she's fine and it only stings where she skinned it but that it looks pointy. It's swollen, there's bruising developing down her leg, and there appears to be a knot in her muscle. Am I right in being so concerned, or is it likely she would know if she broke her knee cap or something? We will take her to a doctor tomorrow if it's bothering her, but meanwhile I'm silently freaking out..

Thanks.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2010, 02:46 PM

I'm sure you are concerned about her, knowing her history, but your mother is the one with the final word on whether she needs to see a doctor or not.

I think if she broke her kneecap she would be in a lot of pain. It would be normal to have some swelling and bruising after a fall.
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Aug 18, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devorameira View Post
    I'm sure you are concerned about her, knowing her history, but your mother is the one with the final word on whether she needs to see a doctor or not.

I think if she broke her kneecap she would be in a lot of pain. It would be normal to have some swelling and bruising after a fall.
    Considering she's been walking and driving, I think she's fine. I just freaked out because like you said she's my mom and I know her history. She fell when I was in middle school and broke her wrist trying to catch herself. I get muscles spasms or something in my shoulder when people are in pain and nautious and that didn't help. Thanks for answering me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slip and fall on common interest property [ 4 Answers ]

After a HOA homeowners meeting I fell when exiting a unit. Is the HOA responsible?

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, fall down on me fall fall [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, Fall down on me Fall Fall Build me up Fall fresh on me

Slip and fall at mall [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I slipped at the mall in my city. There was water on the floor and I have 4 witnesses showing it wasn't my fault. Plus the workers said that the water was there for like 20 minutes. Now I have a knee with torn ligaments and on crutches. I can't take care of myself none the less my infant...

Slip and fall injury [ 25 Answers ]

I had a slip and fall accident at a large department store and had to recevie 3 months of physical thearpy. The manager of the store took my information and cleaned up the large puddle of water. I had a laywer who poorly represnted me. Does anyone have any advice. Thanks

Suing landlord for slip and fall now trying to evict seeking any good words [ 16 Answers ]

this is in pa I am a 26 year old female with a lease me and fiancée are on it I fell down wooden steps that had moss on them and sustained injuries while pregnant our lease is until 1/14/08 we have lived here for two years no complaints on us and current on rent and he filed for eviction when he...

View more questions Search