Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pollockhse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 06:36 PM
    Former employer slander-
    I worked for the same attorney from 95-.97 and then 99-2010. In December 2009, I underwent a 3 level cervical fusion with plate, screws, cadaver bone, etc. Just 8 days out of the hospital I got bombarded with emails about paperwork backing up, etc. and then I was terminated. I've had to change my email address twice now because of the horrible nasty emails and personal friends that came to the law office have been told very nasty, rude and false things about me. Despite telling the former employer numerous occaisions to leave me alone, he continues to down right degrade me and obtained my personal email address under false pretenses. This has been my employer for the past ten years straight. I have tons of emails from him and I'm looking for someone to help. I have the emails that he "cc'd" to others with his comments and also his comments to my good friends that came to me and are clients and he is continuing to downright degrade me. It's putting my friends/clients in a bad spot as well. They have a case with him, but also don't want to hear his comments. Help
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 07:05 AM

Get a restraining order from the police. Print out the emails when you go to the police station as evidence.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 01:26 PM

If you're from the US, you should report the behavior and provide copies of the e-mails to the Department of Labor (DOL).

The DOL should be able to investigate the underhanded practices going on and possibly get your back-pay and get you rehired. What your ex-employer is doing is actually illegal.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2010, 01:28 PM

Consult an attorney. It sounds like you may have a case for harassment and defamation. Attornies generally take cases like this on a contingency basis, so it may not cost you to hire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sueing former employer for slander. [ 4 Answers ]

I was told by my ex husband his friend who works at the same place I was terminated from is telling people I was terminated for stealing. This is NOT true. I worked at this bank for years. I have never been approached with stealing anything. I do know all of the privacy laws within the banking...

Suing employer for slander [ 10 Answers ]

I am the food manager at my current job and the general store manager threatened my employee with her job to sign a document stating that the store assistant manager and I are having an affair. She threatens me with this evidence everyday. Now my employee also told me she is trying to find out...

Employer slander [ 2 Answers ]

I am a full time college student, holding down two part-time jobs in the state of Georgia. One employer (owner of a small business) yelled at me and accused me of stealing and said she had it on video. She called the police and after the police came and reviewed the video tape. They told her, there...

Employer Slander in MD [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently working for an optical chain as an optometrist. In the first few months of working for the company I decided, this wasn't the best mode of practice for me and decided to leave; or so I thought. I have applied to several different optical chains. In one case, I interviewed and a job...

Can I sue a former employer for slander? [ 5 Answers ]

My former employer has been contacting current and former employees which were my co-workers and forcing them to remove their personal recommendations for me on linkedin. The empoyer is stating that by recommending me the employees are violating some company policy - which I never heard of. They...

View more questions Search