Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Another creation.
    So today I was racking my brain on what to cook for my cousins wedding social. I came up with a new creation. I took some bacon, Italian sausage, mushrooms, onion, parsley, roasted red pepper and I fried this all up.

Next I made up a pizza dough, and cut it into small sections. I wasn't sure how I was going to "execute" the final look. So I rolled some over, made mini pizza's with some. Added some marble cheese and baked it in the oven.

It doesn't look pretty, but MAN these things are awesome!! :D

Oh yes, that loaf of bread in the pic IS the sour dough bread I made with the bread machine.
    Attached Images

Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 06:42 PM

Needs a cream cheese on the bottom some how. Not sure how you would spread it on the un cooked dough, but maybe if you mixed it in with the meat mixture...
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2010, 08:46 PM

Your loaf of bread looks like it is ceramic:eek: I mean that in a nice way... as in it looks too shiny and perfect to be a real loaf of bread.

Everything else looks great! You can do the cream cheese on the crust with no problem. Cream cheese is very versatile.:)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Your loaf of bread looks like it is ceramic:eek: I mean that in a nice way...as in it looks too shiny and perfect to be a real loaf of bread.

Everything else looks great! You can do the cream cheese on the crust with no problem. Cream cheese is very versatile.:)
    You could make a cream cheese dip or put it in a bowl to spread on the bread. Crean Cheese mixed with bacon and onion with just a smidge of vinegar to make it easy to spread. Or blackberry jam mixed with cream cheese.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Your loaf of bread looks like it is ceramic:eek: I mean that in a nice way...as in it looks too shiny
    Cause it has saran wrap on it maybe? :confused:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Colored garnish on top could detract from the brown on tan look.

A little green arugula... a few bits of warm,diced, canned roasted red peppers.

Or even just a quality white cheese over the top, flashed for a minute under a broiler.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:06 PM

My son's mouth is watering!
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:17 PM

I actually roasted red pepper in my oven with a tin foil roaster I made. Should have taken a pic of that too I guess.

This was something I just threw together on a whim, if I do decide to make these for the social, they will look a lot nicer. Will also have to find a firmer dough to work with and maybe brush with EVOO to soften the dough. Unless you guys have a better tip for me?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I actually roasted red pepper in my oven with a tin foil roaster I made. should have taken a pic of that too I guess.

This was something I just threw together on a whim, if I do decide to make these for the social, they will look a lot nicer. Will also have to find a firmer dough to work with and maybe brush with EVOO to soften the dough. Unless you guys have a better tip for me??
    Oh my Gawd Bella , you're the young, skinny, pretty version of Paula Deen.:D
    2labsmom Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Aug 16, 2010, 09:20 PM

Instead of cream cheese, maybe a slice of brie. It's mild, buttery and melts nicely!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2labsmom View Post
    instead of cream cheese, maybe a slice of brie. it's mild, buttery and melts nicely!
    I love brie! :)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:21 PM

OOooOO Brie would be awesome. I think along with the cheddar cheese I will use, it will be a nice mild flavor. But how would I spread the Brie on the raw dough?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    OOooOO Brie would be awesome. I think along with the cheddar cheese I will use, it will be a nice mild flavor. But how would I spread the Brie on the raw dough?
    Wait till it's done and spread it on warm bread:)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Oh my Gawd Bella , you're the young, skinny, pretty version of Paula Deen.:D
    Haha I just googled her! LOL

Yes much younger, but I hope I can look that good at her age!
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Wait till it's done and spread it on warm bread:)
    I could do that, but I baked the fried mixture on top. Unless I just spooned the mixture over top of the baked bread. Hmm good idea Kit, now I am going to have to try this again!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Baked Brie and Mushroom appetizers iin Sourdough

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon minced garlic 12 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms 1 (8 ounce) wedge Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread 2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    Directions
    Preheat the broiler.
    In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Sauté the garlic and mushrooms until tender. Mix in the Brie. Cook and stir until melted and well blended.
    Remove the top of the sourdough bread, and hollow out the center. Spoon the Brie mixture into the bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
    Place the filled bread on a baking sheet, and broil 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is lightly browned. Cool slightly, and slice into wedges to serve.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:51 PM

I'm drooling on my keyboard!

Um, Bella, you are so cooking this when you come to visit next summer. :)
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 09:52 PM

Great recipe!
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 09:59 PM
    A Little Taste of Heaven (as told by a few italian girls I know)

So simple... four ingredients-ish... sort of

Roasted garlic spread
    Softened cream cheese
    Roasted red peppers
    Toasted ciabatta

Start with 2-3 heads of fresh garlic, peeled. It takes time. Suck it up. There are tricks to it. Or go to costco or sams and buy a big arse container of pre-peeled garlic for next to nothing. If doing a lot, its worth it. I like to add the peeled garlic cloves into a big pyrex measuring container. Add some olive oil. Freshly grated pepper and salt. Cover with foil. Into oven at 425ish. Check the garlic about ten minutes after you smell it. Watch the steam when opening. Should be fork tender.

This can be done easily ahead of time. You are essentially making a garlic "mash" or spread... the roasting takes out the pungent harshess of raw garlic and presents a sweetness that even garlic haters have liked in my fam.

When the garlic is easily mashed, its done. Separate from the oil, which can be refridgerated for a different use.

The red peppers... I've roasted many myself, but I'm more than glad to use quality jarred roasted red peppers in oil. Remove from jar and place on cutting board. Cut into strips, then pieces. Add to pie tin, metal or pyrex, in the oven at a lower temp... lets say 350.

The cream chesse should have been set out a couple of hours ago to soften to room temp. what? I got to tell you everything in advance? One or two blocks will do.

Get a quality ciabatta. Cut it into a bunch of wedges. Then cut the wedges into half through the middle... so that each piece of ciabatta has a crust side (top or bottom)... and place the pieces onto a baking sheet, crist side down, and toast until crispy. You can do this while the peppers are on a lower rack.

Serve the bread while hot. Spread cream chesse on it. Then a little garlic mash. Then a little red pepper.

So, so simple. The mash and the pepper can me reheated on low microwave setting. The bread should be done just before eating.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Brie, wrapped in phyllo dough, baked... drizzled with honey and maple syrup and chopped nuts... yum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The story of creation [ 156 Answers ]

The story of creation (gen 1-2:4). What does the passage mean to its original viewers?

Creation [ 10 Answers ]

... a different kind In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and Populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green And yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would Live long and healthy lives. Then using God's great gifts, Satan created...

Website creation [ 1 Answers ]

I have downloaded a web page maker and I have created my site but when I publish my site it won't let do it why

New user creation [ 3 Answers ]

How tocreate new user in xp os

View more questions Search