Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmirza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Can dsc 1832 armed without phone lines
    I Just got a DSC PC1832 panel with RFK5500 keypad. I just turned the system on
    And the buzzer goes on. When I do *2 it says view trouble phone line. I don't want
    The hook to phone line will it work without phone line and how to to stop the buzzer.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 06:18 PM

Wait for our expert. You have to disable phone line monitoring.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 05:09 AM

You have to know installers code and go into programming, then disable communications and disable telephone line monitoring.
    Locations 015 and 380 I believe. (Manual or programming worksheet will verify.
    If you enter *8 CODE and the red lights flash, you are in, ## to exit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSC PC 1832 programming troubles [ 9 Answers ]

Hi…I am currently replacing an old DSC PC 2525 home security system with a newer PC 1832. The trouble is… I am having difficulty even getting to first base programming this unit Is there someone on board who can walk me through this? This is what I have: 2 new keypads.. a pk 5501 at the...

Changing the phone number programmed into a DSC 1832 alarm [ 12 Answers ]

I have a DSC 1832 alarm with a 5500 keypad. This is connected to my home phone to make an outgoing call to my and my wife's cell phone if the alarm is triggered. This has worked for the last 2 years but the phone company changed my cell phone number. The company that installed the alarm is no...

Trouble with DSC 1832 programming [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem . Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire . I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 . I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND....

Dsc 1832 resistor value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DCS 1832 and I am getting intermitting open. The wires at the control panel are tightly secured. It could be a resistor problem and I am unsure of to what the resitor value should be for the zones. Can you help?

Connecting DSC power 1832 alarm to phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a DSC power series 1832 alarm system that I want to connect to a central monitoring station. I have connected it to the phne line via a RJ31X telephone jack and cord set. I set up the system to monitor the phone line such that it should report an error when the phone line is no...

View more questions Search