Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 2, 2005, 08:23 PM
    Bible Theme?
    The Bible as a whole does not have one single theme, because the Bible is not one single book.

It is discrete a collection of monographs dealing with the history of God's people at various times, and in different and differing circumstances.

The one thing that it does show as a constant, is that God is involved in human history and that He is concerned for the temporal and eternal salvation of his children, but that is not a theme in the correct literary sense of the word.

The Bible is a collection of separate books or letters written over a vast period. Even wiohting the books themselves there are a variety of themes or subjects as different matters and events are addressed.

MORGANITE
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2005, 02:38 PM
    Bible Theme
    You are right.
    There are several what could be called strong threads going through all the books of the Bible.
    One of them is religion.
    Another is service
    Another is love.
    Another is mercy
    And there are others.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    :)
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Sep 5, 2005, 07:47 AM
    The bible in a nutshell
    This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

The main true theme of the bible is to treat others as you would have them treat you. Treat all men as you would yourself because we are all one, a part of "god" (the great creative consciousness). That's it. Period.
    There are some moral values thrown in there that are fine and dandy and good to live your life by but, bear in mind, they are created by man.

The rest is actual history but it is a re-written, condensed and bastardized compilation of crap invented by the church to promote fear so that people will come blindly to the church and let it do what it wants to do. To promote itself, for it's own power.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2005, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keenu

The main true theme of the bible is to treat others as you would have them treat you. Treat all men as you would yourself because we are all one, a part of "god" (the great creative consciousness). That's it. Period.
    There are some moral values thrown in there that are fine and dandy and good to live your life by but, bear in mind, they are created by man.

The rest is actual history but it is a re-written, condensed and bastardized compilation of crap invented by the church to promote fear so that people will come blindly to the church and let it do what it wants to do. To promote itself, for it's own power.
    My name is Need and I support this 100%.

Sep 5, 2005, 08:59 AM
    The Bible...

Thank you for your opinion. I value it, and you are welcome to it.

I will only add as a final note on the subject, that your view of the Bible is an outside view. That is, it is the view of someone who really does not know the Bible and its history.

If you were ever to become acquainted with it, you would find it impossible to hold on to your present assessment of what the Bible is.

I gather from your post and the language that you use, that you are not open to quiet and reasonable discussion on the several points that you address.

That being so, I will bid you a good day, and wish you well.

MORGANITE

Sep 5, 2005, 09:21 AM
    Bible
    I am acquainted with the bible. I have read it, word for word, at least 4 times. From cover to cover. I have also extensively researched the bible and other writings. How do you know what I have or have not read?
    I am not here to argue with people!
    I am here to encourage another viewpoint besides the bible and religion.
    I am accused of not being open minded!
    Ha!
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2005, 10:23 AM
    No proof of that.
    Keenu, you said,

The rest is actual history but it is a re-written, condensed and bastardized compilation of crap invented by the church to promote fear so that people will come blindly to the church and let it do what it wants to do. To promote itself, for it's own power.[/QUOTE]

Please provide accurate historical proof of that, not some detractor's' opinion.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    I gather from your post and the language that you use, that you are not open to quiet and reasonable discussion on the several points that you address.

MORGANITE
    I'm watching the religion discussions and they are anything but reasonable and quiet. Most people in these threads share the same religion yet can't agree on anything. This is why so many are killed because of religion. If you were all in the same room you would resort to violence in a minute. I don't want any part of that.

Get a life kids. Take your mind off semantics.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2005, 05:59 PM
    NeedKarna and reality
    I'm please to inform you that...
    In reality if we were in a room together in the U.S.A. it is very unlikely that violance would take place.
    We are not fighters, we are lovers of God and each other.
    We may disagree on some points, interpretations, or dogma, but we all agree that we are to emulated the author of Love and Life.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Sep 6, 2005, 07:56 AM
    Keenu - Thank you for your reply
    I am acquainted with the bible. I have read it, word for word, at least 4 times. From cover to cover. I have also extensively researched the bible and other writings. How do you know what I have or have not read?
    I am not here to argue with people!
    I am here to encourage another viewpoint besides the bible and religion.
    I am accused of not being open minded!
    Ha!
    I am not sure that the above reply was intended for me, but I hope that you realise that I am attempting to establish a gentle dialogue with you on some of these matters.

If you are wiling to proceed on that basis, then we can deal.

MORGANITE

Sep 6, 2005, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    I am not sure that the above reply was intended for me, but I hope that you realise that I am attempting to establish a gentle dialogue with you on some of these matters.

If you are wiling to proceed on that basis, then we can deal.

MORGANITE
    Yes, to you. I am certainly interested in continuing dialogue...
    The way I write does not, obviously, come across as being friendly...
    Later, Patty
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2005, 09:27 AM
    Later, Patty
    Are you HANK?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2005, 12:39 PM
    For Morganite.
    Very good rely.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura) :)
    celtearth Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2005, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    Keenu, you said,

Please provide accurate historical proof of that, not some detractor's' opinion.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    That would be hard to do since they so cleverly hide their deviant behaviours.

Also, could you provide accurate historical proof that your bible is correct word for word cover to cover. Please do. Since you require proof you might as well show yours.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2005, 07:36 PM
    Celtearth - you first as asked.
    Once you have provided accurate historical proof regarding you claim about the Bible.
    Then I will provide what you asked for.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2005, 02:11 AM
    Once you have provided accurate historical proof regarding you claim about the Bible.
    Then I will provide what you asked for.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Nice job in completely evading the question. Blind faith will do this to you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Need.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2005, 07:48 PM
    NeedKarna - correction.
    Correction,
    I did not avoid the question.
    I first asked that a wild statement about the bible being proven.
    No answer.
    But I was asked a different question in regard to my question.
    I said I would answer that WHEN I got the answer to the one I asked.
    Please don't twist what I say,
    Maybe it will help your karma.
    Peace and kindness,
    celtearth Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2005, 11:31 AM
    Correction,
    I did not avoid the question.
    I first asked that a wild statement about the bible being proven.
    No answer.
    But I was asked a different question in regard to my question.
    I said I would answer that WHEN I got the answer to the one I asked.
    Please don't twist what I say,
    Maybe it will help your karma.
    Peace and kindness,
    Since the bible is so dogmatically accepted as being true by multitudes of people, then I think the oweness is on you and others like you to show those who don't blindly follow it, the proof. Otherwise you are just foolishly following something and claiming it to be true with no backup and expect the rest of us to be sheeple. You're just playing a game with words to avoid showing proof of the bible you so fervently believe. Those of us who find the flaws are simply searching for the truth because the bible doesn't answer questions as it is so vague and likely written by chimpanzees. LOL.

The world isn't flat.
    STONY Posts: 82, Reputation: 11

Sep 10, 2005, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happyperson
    :) Hello everyone,

I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things?

Thanks,
    Happyperson

happyperson, actually there are two as per the ot and nt. The ot was god showing us how to live by laws, that were unattainable
    And the nt shows us how to live by the grace of jesus christ through love. Hope this helps.

Sep 10, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Am I Hank?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Are you HANK?

I am not and never have been called Hank. Maybe you didn't meanme, but it followed one of my posts.

MORGANITE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

The Background to the Bible [ 1 Answers ]

Thinking about something Keenu wrote about the background to the Bible wouldn't it be accurate to say that it didn't have one single background but each book of the Bible had its own background? What thoughts do you have? MORGANITE

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search