Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hisservant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2005, 09:25 PM
    The Theme
    First, as some have said in a number of places, let's get this thread back on track. It was originally a question as to the theme of The Bible. Secondly, someone said that there is not one theme of The Bible. However, that is definitely not the case. THE theme of the Bible is Jesus and his sacrifice which was intended to be the means by which all mankind can come to salvation. Yes, God's glory is quite prevalent throughout The Bible. However, as A Jackson pointed out, it is through Christ that God's glory is ultimately shown and proven. In fact, some of YSICJ's own quotes prove this point in opposition to their use in this particular posting. For example, "John 13:31 *Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him."

Now, if anyone is interested, I am going to start a new thread in the hopes of straightening out some misquotes and misunderstandings, in terms of exactly what The Word says. Look for it under the title "His Word." One of the main things I will address is the fact that one needs to quote passages in context and then only after carefully studying various translations, and where possible the original language versions of The Bible.

In His Service,
    Hisservant
    celtearth Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2005, 08:26 PM
    [QUOTE=ysicj]Quote:
    ]Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?
    QUOTE]

As a person of many faiths that all are the same in the end in the ultimate reality, Isaiah 45:7 is what I've believed all along. That God is all things, even the evil and has created all things from God's own self. God is the sun, the stars, the space in between, the air, my flesh, the thoughts in my head. There is nothing that is not God. God is all there is.
    chrisl Posts: 83, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2005, 06:32 AM
    Check the context!
    Quote Originally Posted by celtearth
    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?

As a person of many faiths that all are the same in the end in the ultimate reality, Isaiah 45:7 is what I've believed all along. That God is all things, even the evil and has created all things from God's own self. God is the sun, the stars, the space in between, the air, my flesh, the thoughts in my head. There is nothing that is not God. God is all there is.
    CELTEARTH, you are free to believe what you like but it's not correct to say that it's scriptural!

In these two scriptures, the KJV translators rendered an original language word as "evil." But this word can mean any of the following depending on context: evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity, adversity, injury, wrong, evil (ethical). Maybe in 17th century England when the KJV was produced, the word "evil" was understood to have a variety of meanings and the readers would not have made the same mistake. Modern translators, however, have been more careful with the context of these verses so we see NIV using "disaster" and the NASB using "calamity."

Is God able to create disaster and calamity? Certainly--for those who are wicked and deserving of such punishment (for example, the Flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and in the future battle of Armageddon.) But that in no way makes him responsible for all disasters nor does it make God the source of moral or ethical evil.

In fact, in all these cases God is taking action to remove moral evil.

Chris

Aug 25, 2005, 06:37 AM
    On further consideration...
    That God is all things, even the evil and has created all things from God's own self. God is the sun, the stars, the space in between, the air, my flesh, the thoughts in my head. There is nothing that is not God. God is all there is.
    The more I think about this, the scarier it gets! If we start to think that anything we do is God's will, this can lead to absolute moral chaos.

Someone can justify any action with this thinking...

Chris

Aug 25, 2005, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl
    CELTEARTH, you are free to believe what you like but it's not correct to say that it's scriptural!

In these two scriptures, the KJV translators rendered an original language word as "evil." But this word can mean any of the following depending on context: evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity, adversity, injury, wrong, evil (ethical). Maybe in 17th century England, the word "evil" was understood to have a variety of meanings and the readers would not have made the same mistake. Modern translators, however, have been more careful with the context of these verses so we see NIV using "disaster" and the NASB using "calamity."

Is God able to create disaster and calamity? Certainly--for those who are wicked and deserving of such punishment (for example, the Flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and in the future battle of Armageddon.) But that in no way makes him responsible for all disasters nor does it make God the source of moral or ethical evil.

In fact, in all these cases God is taking action to remove moral evil.

Chris
    My point is - what about all the translations not just from 17th century to now, but also the 1600 years before that. What about the political people in power who had the power to burn books, and change things the way they saw fit. I think the Also I don't think God has a penis and testicles nor a deep voice for that matter, so I wouldn't call God a him.

And what's up with all these people getting all up in arms about a book that was written by men from the middle east over 2000 years ago. Most American's think people from the middle east think backwards. What makes people think they thought any better 2000 years ago? I mean Revelations is so twisted and fantasy like with dragons, chariots and trumpets, what makes one think the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah aren't any more of wild stories written by men with wild imaginations interpretting the events around them the way they imagined them to be. In the middle east, many women have to walk behind their husbands because of dominion over them, not unlike pieces of meat for their own pleasure. How different is the bible in describing women's role in the world?

My interpretation of the bible is that it's nothing more than political and social issues written by prejudiced, biggotted men from the middle east. The only one that made any sense in the bible was Jesus, the rest of it is simply political garbage that people spew forth to justify their own interests and wishes.

Just to prove how psychotic the people were back then, just look at what they did to Jesus, a good, and pure person. I really don't think I'm going to listen to anything written by them. I will however, listen to the positive things Jesus had to say. Love is all there is, the rest is just garbage.

Aug 25, 2005, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl
    The more I think about this, the scarier it gets! If we start to think that anything we do is God's will, this can lead to absolute moral chaos.

Someone can justify any action with this thinking...

Chris
    So you are separate from God then, you separate yourself by saying you are not a part of God. However, I did not say that choices people make are God's will, meaning "this is what God wants" but what I mean is that all possibilities are available to us to choose what we wish, We have free will. However, all the choices are available to us because of God. God is all there is.

It sounds to me like most Christians believe god is all there is, but just don't know it. For example, if Jesus's death was God's will, then were all the people who were involved in his death just like robots lead by god. No, they made their choices, they had free will. But some people would say that only evil could drive the people to do such a horrible act, so it must be the devils work. So what's it going to be. Christians can't make up their minds about God or the Devil, who's making who do what?

I'd say people have to stop blaming other things like the devil and start taking responsibility for their own actions because on earth all options are open to us, we have free will.

Some say God has the power to destroy - (sounds like Zeus to me, even the description of God in the Old bible seems to be an awful lot like Zeus). See the problems here, it's because the bible is so convoluted and full of contradictions that people simply interpret things as they wish. Why? Because not so smart people wrote it 2000 years ago in caves in the middle east.

Aug 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
    My interpretation of the bible is that it's nothing more than political and social issues written by prejudiced, biggotted men from the middle east. The only one that made any sense in the bible was Jesus, the rest of it is simply political garbage that people spew forth to justify their own interests and wishes.
    Well, Jesus didn't view the scriptures that way. What about all the times he said "It is written"? What about all the scriptures Jesus himself quoted and fulfilled? Surely if we respect him, and he respected them, we should not be so hasty to dismiss the scriptures as garbage.

The Bible simply isn't the way you describe it. Maybe somebody else made it look that way to you but it's not the truth.

Chris

Aug 25, 2005, 12:01 PM
    See the problems here, it's because the bible is so convoluted and full of contradictions that people simply interpret things as they wish. Why? Because not so smart people wrote it 2000 years ago in caves in the middle east.
    I went round and round with someone else about this recently and it turned out that what he called contradictions were actually either silly claims made by others about what the Bible said or else passages taken out of context and willfully misapplied. It had nothing to do with what the Bible itself said. He just wanted to insist that the Bible was corrupt and would not consider any reasoning or evidence.

Is that how you feel, or are you willing to take an open-minded look to see if perhaps you haven't been shown what the Bible really says?

BTW, some of those who wrote the Bible include kings and a physician, not really "not so smart people...in caves." But they all gave credit to God for what they did and wrote.

Chris

Aug 25, 2005, 05:05 PM
    Bush is the current "king" or emperor as you may. Do you think he's smart. LOL. And he also said God whispered in his ear.

What about the book Conversations with God. Have you ever read it? He claims what is written in his books are inspired by God. So, for some reason, many Christians believe that God talked to people thousands of years ago to write books, but doesn't do so today. Why not?

Quick contradiction - God is all loving and all forgiving, but he'll send you to burn in hell to suffer for eternity. God gives you free will, but you'll go to hell if you don't follow his politics.

Aug 26, 2005, 06:09 AM
    Bush is the current "king" or emperor as you may. Do you think he's smart. LOL. And he also said God whispered in his ear.
    My point is the Bible writers were not illiterate bushmen as you seem to think. In fact, the prophet Daniel held a high-level position in the court of the king of Babylon. Even those who had humble lives cannot be dismissed like you are doing. After all, a postal clerk came up with the theory of relativity.

As to whether God whispered in W's ear, you can judge by his actions if it's true. Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they are. As in all things, judge by comparing their actions with their words.
    So, for some reason, many Christians believe that God talked to people thousands of years ago to write books, but doesn't do so today. Why not?
    Because the Bible is complete and God continues to speak to all mankind through it. The Bible itself tells us that miraculous gifts like prophecy, speaking in tongues and further writings would eventually cease.

Before I learned what the Bible said I used to say I'd change my mind about God if he actually spoke to humans from heaven like he used to. But you know what? Even people in Jesus' day who saw miracles and heard God speak didn't believe. It's the heart that matters. Those who genuinely seek God with honest hearts and open minds will recognize the truth when they see it in the Bible. But if those who do not want God will deny a voice from heaven or even a resurrection before their very eyes, how do you think they will view a book?

It's Godly wisdom to provide a book that can distinguish people's inner selves. It is a genuine miracle and evidence of divine inspiration. No human could have produced such a book, let alone 40 men over 1600 years...
    Quick contradiction - God is all loving and all forgiving, but he'll send you to burn in hell to suffer for eternity. God gives you free will, but you'll go to hell if you don't follow his politics.
    Quick answer: that's one of those "silly claims made by others" that isn't true. The Bible does not teach that God keeps his own private torture chamber. Many churches teach this, but they have deviated from what the Bible really says. Think about these scriptures:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. -- Genesis 3:19

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. -- Romans 6:23

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. -- Ecclesiastes 9:5

And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart. -- Jeremiah 7:31
    The Bible teaches that the penalty for sin is death--returning to the dust--in other words, nonexistence, with no thought or pain. Not an eternity of conscious torture. No loving God would do what the hellfire doctrine claims. It's more than silly, actually. It's downright blasphemous!

As far as freewill is concerned, you must decide what you want. You seem to be saying you want the freedom but no consequences or responsibility for your actions, but you know it just doesn't work that way. Freedom of choice is always relative.

You are granted freewill but in order to benefit fully you must exercise it within the guidelines God establishes.

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: -- Isaiah 48:17-18

Chris
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2005, 09:03 AM
    This thread is a good example of why organised religionis a big pain in the . Even people form the same religion will argue about the tedious things - can't agree on anything. This has been the cause of wars and deaths for thousands of years. Not for me, no thank you, I'd rather hang around good people whose views are not blinded by their so-called faith and who won't chastise you for your different points of view.

Aug 26, 2005, 09:59 AM
    Because the Bible is complete and God continues to speak to all mankind through it. The Bible itself tells us that miraculous gifts like prophecy, speaking in tongues and further writings would eventually cease.
    I'm sorry, I can't believe that the entire universe and all that is within it could be contained in one book written by men. It's also a convenient thing for the writers to say that this book is complete and God can't speak to people after the bible except through the words that those men wrote, because it gives those men the upper hand in saying they are the one's God chose. Isn't that what all wars are about anyway. The old "I'm the chosen one" attitude. I mean look at the bible, according to this Jewish book of God, Israel is the Chosen land and the Jews are the chosen people, everyone else are gentiles. Well of course the Jewish people would say this, it's a Jewish book for goodness sake.

Before I learned what the Bible said I used to say I'd change my mind about God if he actually spoke to humans from heaven like he used to. But you know what? Even people in Jesus' day who saw miracles and heard God speak didn't believe. It's the heart that matters. Those who genuinely seek God with honest hearts and open minds will recognize the truth when they see it in the Bible. But if those who do not want God will deny a voice from heaven or even a resurrection before their very eyes, how do you think they will view a book?
    Buddhism is the perfect example. Buddhism teaches in much nicer terms, to just shut up your own mind and listen to God, the God within. Which is also what Jesus taught. Buddhism is greatly revolved around meditation. That is, listening to God. Christianity focuses more on praying, that is your own thoughts and desires projected to God. There's a problem there, your own desires get in the way. Praying often involves wanting or asking for something, but not always of course. I do believe ask and you shall receive though.

It's Godly wisdom to provide a book that can distinguish people's inner selves. It is a genuine miracle and evidence of divine inspiration. No human could have produced such a book, let alone 40 men over 1600 years...
    And why not? It's just that with the Roman empire, this book was pushed on people and people were made to accept it as the one and only book of the universe.

Quick answer: that's one of those "silly claims made by others" that isn't true. The Bible does not teach that God keeps his own private torture chamber. Many churches teach this, but they have deviated from what the Bible really says. Think about these scriptures:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. -- Genesis 3:19
    That could have easily been written by man, it's quite a simple minded matter.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. -- Romans 6:23
    That was could have easily been written by man, and could you elaborate on ALL the interpretations the bible explains this DEATH to be from front cover to back. I'm sure you'll find some hellishness in there.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. -- Ecclesiastes 9:5
    Poor them. I guess god didn't love the dead enough to give them a second chance. Could you please explain why some people are born with debilitating lives. Why would God give some the opportunity from birth to lead a great life and others a horrible existence from the moment they enter the world, where's the freedom here. I'd say a more balanced and loving God would grant them karma, I mean didn't Jesus say that people must be born again to reach the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, you must purify yourself through being born again. I really don't think God only gives people a measly 70 years on average or less to do everything in their souls existence to become pure and godlike, to return to the source. What about the people born in the jungles who know nothing of Jesus their whole lives. You mean to tell me, they'll just turn into dust again. As if God doesn't love them enough to allow them eternal life. These are just some of the things, this book - that claims to be the be all and end all of existence - simply doesn't answer.

And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart. -- Jeremiah 7:31
    Good gosh, people were psycho back then. Burning people, I wonder what was going on in peoples heads back then. Oh, then again this kind of stuff still goes on in the middle east. Heck, it even went on in America not so long ago.

The Bible teaches that the penalty for sin is death--returning to the dust--in other words, nonexistence, with no thought or pain. Not an eternity of conscious torture. No loving God would do what the hellfire doctrine claims. It's more than silly, actually. It's downright blasphemous!
    It's disgusting for people to say that God would be so evil.

As far as freewill is concerned, you must decide what you want. You seem to be saying you want the freedom but no consequences or responsibility for your actions, but you know it just doesn't work that way. Freedom of choice is always relative.
    You've definitely taken my words and twisted them, if you read a previous post you'll see that I think people should be responsible for all their actions. Karma, it'll come back to you. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth, what you do will come back to you. It's the law of relativity, a universal law which is part of the universe which God created. That's why the whole devil thing is so ridiculous, it's casting blame on some myth outside yourself, people have choice and you reap what you sow.
    You are granted freewill but in order to benefit fully you must exercise it within the guidelines God establishes.
    And yet again, dictator God gives you free will, but as long as you live the laws those men, politicians and kings who wrote it you'll be OK. (complete sarcasm)

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: -- Isaiah 48:17-18
    Oh, there's that whole Israel thing again, of course a Jewish book glorifies Israel. I mean could it be any other way really. Everyone else are simply the gentiles. Oh and hmmm, lets see, an Arabic book, the Koran glorifies the Muslims. Oh how convenient. I wonder how that happened. Hmmm, is it the whole, I'm right their wrong attitude. God loves us, the rest are outsiders.

Also wouldn't you say, that it's the politicians and religious leaders that killed Jesus because they saw him as a threat. That he was taking so many people from the other churches, because his following started to grow so much. The religious leaders, hand in hand with the politicians, decided that Jesus was such a great threat to their money making churches that he must be done away with. That in the minds of the religious leaders, Jesus was corrupting the minds of people from those churches/ or synagogues,of course, and they would lose their power over the masses, their money.

Aug 26, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Poor them. I guess god didn't love the dead enough to give them a second chance.
    The Bible promises a resurrection that will provide many with the "second chance" you are looking for.

Could you please explain why some people are born with debilitating lives. Why would God give some the opportunity from birth to lead a great life and others a horrible existence from the moment they enter the world, where's the freedom here.
    I don't have time to answer all these points. Try this for now:

Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

These are just some of the things, this book - that claims to be the be all and end all of existence - simply doesn't answer.
    All of these questions and more are answered. Just because someone told you the Bible doesn't have such answers doesn't make it so. Have you EVER looked for yourself rather than just blindly accepting what others say?

If all the beliefs and teachings you mention are confusing and contradictory, have you considered the possibility that the teachings are the problem, not the Bible?

You've definitely taken my words and twisted them, if you read a previous post you'll see that I think people should be responsible for all their actions.
    Didn't you say...
    God gives you free will, but you'll go to hell if you don't follow his politics.
    I'm assuming your position is that it was a contradiction for God to provide freewill but then set limits and consequences for abusing it. Since eternal torture in hell is baloney, I'm assuming your beef is really with the "limits" on freewill. If you think people should be responsible for their actions, then what exactly is your issue with God placing boundaries on free will? Doesn't a boundary or limit mean there is responsibility and a consequence for going beyond it? Otherwise, it's not a boundary.

If you agree, then I apologize--my mistake. But isn't the alternative saying you want the freedom to choose but you don't want responsibility for the outcome?

That's why the whole devil thing is so ridiculous, it's casting blame on some myth outside yourself, people have choice and you reap what you sow.
    Jesus didn't view the devil as a myth. I can't figure out your real view--you say you believe what Jesus says but then you deny what he said and believed. What parts of Jesus' teachings, if any, do you accept?

And yet again, dictator God gives you free will, but as long as you live the laws those men, politicians and kings who wrote it you'll be OK.
    Dictator? I don't get that. In what way are God's requirements dictatorial? In the teaching to love others as yourself? In the golden rule? In insisting on honesty, morality and humility? If everyone followed the Bible's teachings, there would be no war, no crime, no hunger, no oppression. Some dictatorship!

What you're really saying is, you want to decide for yourself what is right and wrong and you don't want someone else telling you what to do or not to do--even if such actions are harmful to yourself and others.

Well, that's the same freedom that Adam and Eve insisted on.

God loves us, the rest are outsiders.
    The Bible shows that God offers life to any who really want it and are willing to respect the boundaries he sets.

Also wouldn't you say, that it's the politicians and religious leaders that killed Jesus because they saw him as a threat. That he was taking so many people from the other churches, because his following started to grow so much. The religious leaders, hand in hand with the politicians, decided that Jesus was such a great threat to their money making churches that he must be done away with. That in the minds of the religious leaders, Jesus was corrupting the minds of people from those churches/ or synagogues,of course, and they would lose their power over the masses, their money.
    Absolutely. Christendom, and any other organization that mixes religion with politics, is all about money and power. But the Bible is not Christendom. Christendom claims to follow the Bible, but they don't.

The merging of religion and politics has been the source of the most heinous wickedness in history. The Bible wisely instructs to keep separate from "the world."

OK, I've made an honest effort to ask you to reconsider what the Bible says. If you've made up your mind, I don't want to argue. This thread is looking more and more like the last guy who went round and round, throwing out every kind of accusation he could find but not agreeing to settle any individual point.

Chris
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2005, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrigglez
    the evil idea's that have been planted by satin
    I never trusted satin, that's why I always buy silk.

Aug 26, 2005, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I never trusted satin, that's why I always buy silk.
    ROFL!

And Paul, please, give it a rest. It's the off-the-wall stuff you're writing that makes people question the Bible.

Chris
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Aug 26, 2005, 08:22 PM
    Signature of Life
    You have asked a question that is best answered by experience; however, the Bible holds Truths, Words of Life and Light to dispel darkness; therefore, the theme of the Bible = Life in the Kingdom of God; As far as the end of this world's system, you must first understand principles of Faith, if you are relating this question unto How a believer in Jesus Christ must live and acquire that which is needed, wanted; Now if you are referring to the New Heaven and the New Earth, man without revelation from God can not sufficiently answer you

Aug 28, 2005, 12:09 PM
    I've been away. Anyway. This is about the bible and the catholic church and a movie that's coming out.

OK so you know the movie - The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Well, in the preview on TV the priest kissed the crucifix, I thought this was very much related to magic. I suspect in the film the priest is to use this crucifix in some way to exorcise emily; banish evil. As in a magic talisman or object that has been given "powers". An object that has had a spell cast upon it, or an object that transmits powers because of either intention or a channeling of energy.

This seems quite Pagan/wiccan to me. What do you think?

Also what about the rituals of drinking the blood and eating the flesh of Jesus, isn't this quite bizarre and relates much to the sacrifice of animals. What I don't understand is how people think that killing a living creature gets them in the good book of God and God showers down blessings and gifts for such a barbaric thing. It's quite disgusting. These types of things are still done in the middle east where I think last year the blood bath had 1.7 million cows and lambs slaughtered in the streets causing rivers of blood. I just don't understand this barbaric behaviour and how it's meant to be heavenly, it's quite limbic I'd say. Just like jesus was compared to the sacrificial lamb, ughh. It's so very limbic. In the case of Jesus slaughter by politicians and church leaders, the gift from God was eternal life. Ughh, isn't that limbic! It all stems from the same backwards thinking of sacrificing someone or something else's life for your own well being. How demented and selfish. I think humans are so selfish.

Aug 28, 2005, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrigglez
    your wrong miss cel,you have confused the meaning of symbolism,to such an extent that you have lost the meaning of the actions of christ on earth,and miss cel to do that tell me your comments are directed at yourself and your lack of understanding.iknow it is not easy to grasp certain issues in all fields of life but it does remain true regardless of interputations,or intellectual presentation.miss cel continue to study the word of god .and get information on the symbolisms of the bible it may give you a better understanding.
    Duh. I know what the symbolism is. Ughh! You're self righteous ego has got you going on an attitude of negativity AGAIN. Regardless of it's symbolism, the Literal actions are barbaric, I think God would choose a much more enlightened approach. I mean would omnipotent God really need to put his Son through such torture. No, of course not. God has a choice, but without the devil Jesus has no purpose. So it is the Devil who has the power in this religion, the power to cause God to have his own Son suffer to save the people from this all powerful Devil man. Ughh, that is so lame, so Limbic and shows weakness in God. It's ridiculous. It's amazing that a religion is built around Satan. Heaven and hell are here on earth, now and forever. Jesus said that. So by believing so fervently in the Devil you create that consciousness, you keep the consciousness of Satan alive. I mean honestly how many wars have been started over fights because of religious dogma. It's evil, it's not love. If your mind lets go of the fear, embraces the love, then you become closer to God, but by holding onto these fearful beliefs you grow further from God because God is Love.

Do you know anything about Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Paganism, Sufism, Gnosticism, Islam, etc. No? Your brain only holds about 1000 and so odd pages of words written by middle eastern men over years compilated in a book? If that, I suspect only just a few stories and dogmas here and there that were told to you by your elders who had their own ideas and interpretations. Just think of this - No 2 people think EXACTLY alike. Nobody will agree 100% with someone else's interpretation of the bible. So who's right? Nobody, it's their own ideas, it always is.

The bible is outside you, God is within. Quiet your mind, let go of your own thoughts that stem from those imposed on you by a book, by churches and by society. God is within, all the answers are found there, if you listen. The kingdom of God is within you - Jesus said that. All religions are one religion, it is all the same in the end. We are all from the same Source, it's these external things that get us further from remembering the Source. God is God and nobody can change that. God is for all, not just those who read a book written by middle eastern men. Forget the dogma, and see the light. The rules, regulations, politics, rituals are for not. Love is all there is, Love is all that matters. Love your neighbor, not your politics. If you are so stuck in the politics you'll never be able to experience the peace of God.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Aug 30, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Theme of the Bible:
    The overriding theme that permeates the whole Bible is the vindication of God’s sovereignty and the ultimate fulfillment of his purpose for the earth, by means of his Kingdom under Christ, the promised Seed, was wrapped up in the first prophecy concerning ‘the seed of the woman.’Ge 3:15

God told Abraham: “By means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves.” Ge 22:18 Over 800 years later, renewed assurance was given to Abraham’s descendant King David, and with the passing of more time God’s prophets kept this flame of hope burning brightly. (2Sa 7:12, 16; Isa 9:6, 7) More than 1,000 years after David and 4,000 years after the original prophecy in Eden, the Promised Seed himself appeared, Jesus Christ, the legal heir to “the throne of David his father.” Lu 1:31-33; Ga 3:16
    This Kingdom under Christ the Promised Seed is the means by which the vindication of Jehovah’s name will be accomplished. Following through on this theme, the Bible magnifies God’s personal name to a greater extent than any other book; the name occurs throughout the Bible as “Jehovah”.
    Yes “God’s Kingdom “ it the theme of the Bible, and under Jesus Christ’s rule as the king of that kingdom Jehovah God’s name will be known to all and his purpose will be fulfilled when Jesus rules the earth as king of that long waited Kingdom.
    Take care,
    Hope12
    :o
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2005, 10:07 PM
    Ecellent Post.
    Graham3,
    That was an excellent post.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

The Background to the Bible [ 1 Answers ]

Thinking about something Keenu wrote about the background to the Bible wouldn't it be accurate to say that it didn't have one single background but each book of the Bible had its own background? What thoughts do you have? MORGANITE

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search