Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    argosslave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 09:22 AM
    I pod nano only works plugged into mains
    My I pod nano 3g only switches on when adaptor plugged into mains when I take the adaptor out and put the headphones in it will not switch on.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 19, 2010, 05:16 PM

The battery is probably dead. You could try resetting first by pressing the menu and center button for several seconds while toggling the hold button.

You can also try restoring it by downloading the appropriate software for your model which can set it back to the factory settings.

If none of that works, your battery is most likely dead and needs to be replaced. You can try calling Apple customer support to see if it can be replaced under warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compaq computer works, but won't read that AC adapter is plugged in, battery runs out [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My computer was recently repaired, and worked fine... then stopped... then worked again perfectly for a month... then stopped again. I have figured out, that essentially the computer works fine, the battery is fine, and the AC adapter, and where it plugs into is fine. However, for some...

I pod nano only works plugged into mains [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 3g I pod nano but it will only switch on when plugged into mains if I take adaptor out and put headphones in it will not switch on.

I-pod nano [ 3 Answers ]

This isn't really a computer question, but I have an I-pod nano which I was bought as a gift, but I have no idea how I put my cd's on, can somebody please help me, it's driving me mad. :rolleyes:

No water from mains. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I searched this beautiful forum which I found really interesting :) but unfortunately could not find my answer, I am not much expert in plumbing but my father is an expert still somehow I do not agree with him that's why I came across these forums to get a solution, I recently moved from...

CPU fan works fine, until my monitor is plugged in.. then everything dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My HP Pavilion XT 936 gave me an error messge, that said my CPU fan was not working, and that it was going to shut off in 5 seconds to stop it from overheating... and it did shut right off. I took it to my techno buddy, who sat it on his desk... and of course, it worked fine... I took it home, and...

View more questions Search