Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 16, 2010, 02:21 PM

I liked the title. I have a thread floating around here titled "Fish killer". Emily I know you love and care for all of your animals, you are a very responsible 16 year old. It sounds like maybe your mom is a bit pre occupied? I don't know anything about fish, after all I am the original fish killer.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...er-448606.html
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2010, 02:53 PM

Haha, she doesn't understand about cycling the pond/tank or anything, after the little incident she won't touch the water, now she probably won't touch the filter. She feeds them and named them (how she can tell tem apart is beyond me) so she does care and such but she just doesn't know :p she thinks you can toss a fish in water and it'll be fine haha.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Aug 16, 2010, 03:30 PM

It seems that you have more knowledge about your fish than your mother, so you should try to take care of him rather than your mother. You should try to take him to a tropical pet store and try to be careful with him. Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2010, 03:48 PM

They live in a pond, they don't really need to be taken care of, at least not that much. They need to be fed and that's about it. We don't change the water unless it has an algea problem (Which it hasn't), she is able to feed them.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 12:23 AM

Yes.. There is liquid bandage for pond fish.. Any fish really..

Its inexpensive and will help keep any type of infection out, which is really the only thing you can do for a fish. As long as its eating and doing OK, I see no need to panick.

Bandage Liquid New Skin - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

If you feel as if the fish is suffering, you can also put it down. There is a blue liquid that will kill the fish instantly... supposibly no pain. No sure where to get that at.

But.. If its eating, it'll be fine. The only time you panick, is when the fish doesn't eat. Fish that don't eat, are dead fish.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 05:39 AM

I've always used the freezer for sick fish. Water slowly gets colder and puts them to sleep. Supposedly no pain because their body just starts to slow down until it stops.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 07:01 AM

I don't want to kill the poor thing :(. I can't find the liquid fish bandaid... I looked at all the fish stores.. I have pimafix antifungal.. Could I just start treating him now? It's all natural so I don't see the harm but...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I've always used the freezer for sick fish. Water slowly gets colder and puts them to sleep. Supposedly no pain because their body just starts to slow down until it stops.

Remind me when I come to your house for dinner to ask if the food has been frozen before I eat.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 08:05 AM

Haha, no eating fish at shazzy's! *Yummy Goldfish* gag.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:30 AM

Remind me to skip on that fish dinner Shazzy invited me to...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 12:33 PM

Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2010, 12:42 PM

Shazzy! Not nemo!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    Shazzy! Not nemo!
    OMG:eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Remind me to skip on that fish dinner Shazzy invited me to...

I'm not eating anything at her house that might have ever been frozen at her house, near the freezer at her house and so forth.

In fact, I'll bring my own take out.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2010, 02:28 PM

Poor Nemo! What a way to go!
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 11:47 AM

Emily is there a liquid bandage for fish?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fish Killer. [ 6 Answers ]

It's true I am. I don't mean to be, I try my best, I have read books, and articles, and listend to the people at the pet store, but they KEEP Dying! So I have this .58 cent feeder gold fish, that is almost 10 years old and is the size of a small cat. He lived in an ice cream bucket for the fisrt...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search