Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Son won't eat vegetables
    I have problem with my son ,hi dozen like to eat vegetables .cane yo pleas tell me uhat to do I try to push him to eat but hi do uant.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 21, 2006, 03:13 PM
    I had a problem with my daughter eating vegetables.:eek: I asked her doctor about it and he said that he wouldn't worry too much as long as she was taking vitamins. She now eats raw vegetables but still won't eat cooked vegetables. (Although I continuously encourage it!)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
    You should never push the issue, but do as Single4 suggested, encourage.

Another thing you can do is pick 2 or 3 veggies for each dinner and let him pick the one he wants. But he has to eat at least 2 bites of at least one of them.

You don't mention how old your son is, but if he is very young then it takes about 15 times for the new food to be introduced in their diet before they are willing to try it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 03:32 PM
    Is there some they will and others they won't,? If they don't like green beans, then don't push the issue, let them eat the others.

If it is just a matter of refusing to eat any, remember who the parent is, and who has to be the boss, parents can't always be friends, they have to be parents at times, which means they have to force them to do things they don't want to do, take a bath, wear a coat and eat a balanced meal.

What we did, just give a few, if you have green beans, make it three or four beans, and basically tell them they will eat it.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Encourage but don't push. Most eating disorders originated from there being too much fuss at the dinning table. Meal times should be comfortable and relaxed.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Like J_9 says, children, especially toddlers, need to be continually offered new foods before they may try them. Don't force them to eat anything. Sometimes if they see you eating and enjoying a food they will be more willing to try it. Also, offer lots of types of veggies not just corn and potatoes. Even buy small portions of vegetables that you may not like or even buy that often. You never know, they may be a secret eggplant lover!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
    Try serving fresh vegetables as opposed to canned. I'm not crazy about vegetables myself and never was (and my mother never forced me to eat them) but I've always preferred fresh vegetables as opposed to canned or frozen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me and my son [ 5 Answers ]

OK here's my situtaion I do not want my son's father's mother any where around myself or my son,here's a little backround she's is on drugs every pill, pain killer there is, she does multiple kinds of drugs meth, crank she'll eat it, snort it, smoke it all in her house. Her 11 and 12 yr. old...

I need help with my son. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old son. His mother moved to Scotland before he was born and 2 years ago died of cancer my son who I didn't even know about came to live with me. However we didn't really take to each other. Kyle(my son)had a stepdad who wasn't the most nice of people so he doesn't...

Looking for my Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to find my son who I have not seen since he was 18 months old he is now 24 yrs old. How can I find him for free as I am disabled and on benefit? Please help Thanks Tyreburner

Our New Son [ 27 Answers ]

Noah Samuel Kohen, son of Chava (orange) and Alex Kohen Born April 28, 2006 at 2:46 pm 7 lbs, 9 ounces Thank you for the warm welcome and kind wishes. The c-section went well with no complications. Noah is a large healthy baby, despite toxemia and early delivery. My wife is...

Son [ 1 Answers ]

I would be happy to help you. Check out my site! LoriAngelConnectio

View more questions Search