Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    veplu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 12:02 AM
    The address of Mark Lawley, who lives in Astoria,NY.He found my dog,but didn't return
    I need to find the address and phone number of Mark Lawley, who lives in Astoria, NY. He found my lost dog, but refuse to return it to me. I need his complete address in order to bring him to the court.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 08:13 AM

He's in the phone book. I am not comfortable posting his name and address on line.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    He's in the phone book. I am not comfortable posting his name and address on line.
    :D
    OP already posted his name.
    The phone book is public but this forum is too public?

I'd be willing to bet that if a stalker is after Mark, and the stalker is in Astoria, he doesn't need this forum to find Mr. Lawley.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    :D
    OP already posted his name.
    The phone book is public but this forum is too public?

- Apparently I don't think it is. Let OP do her own footwork - if you don't see a problem, you can look it up and post it. I'm not going to do it.

I've had this issue with missing persons in the past on AMHD. Visions of Clara Harris run through my head.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 19, 2010, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    ... Visions of Clara Harris run through my head.
    Yes, this image is hard to shake:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ent_Lincoln_-_
    lawlz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 10:34 AM
    I am the Mark Lawley who found your dog and stumbled upon this post while looking for a thesis blurb my school posted with my name. I am most unhappy to see you publicly distort what happened while trying to post my address online. When I found an abandoned puppy at my door one night, I called all the local shelters, posted found ads around my street, talked to the local shops to put the word out, tracked down every lead on petfinder.com and craigslist, had the animal scanned twice for any microchip (there were none), and even called folks out in NJ on the off-chance that it could be their dog. The city shelter decided, based on your and my descriptions and on pictures we provided (with especial reference to the differing teeth of the dogs), that the animal I found and the animal you lost were not the same. After all this exhaustive search on my part, after more than 500 dollars I spent in medical bills and other costs for an animal I didn't even plan to keep, and after more than a week of giving this dirty dog (who gave my family ringworm, by the way) a foster home, I finally found a kind family to take the dog in, one that even agreed to pay for the additional expensive medical costs the animal came with--namely a dental operation.

AND AFTER ALL THIS, I could have walked away from the situation. But in what I now realize was a misguided kindness, I spoke to you on the phone again, but not through the animal shelter's privacy-protected three-way, but from my own personal phone. I felt badly for you and arranged to get the adoptive family to drive an hour to meet you at a train station with the dog so they could see how the dog would react to you. Even though they'd grown extremely attached to the dog and had also spent a great deal of money on it, they agreed to give it up if the dog had a positive reaction to you and if you were willing to pay the medical bills (for which there were receipts and a vet ready to confirm over the phone). Despite the fact that you could have easily gotten to the train station they agreed to meet you at, the family informed me that you refused to meet them because, in your own words, you were too busy for fashion week in NYC. Really? And now you want to publicize my address and portray me as someone who refused to return "your" dog?

Finding this post made me so angry I perhaps vented too much with this overly long post. But these are the kind of events that can make one feel quite jaded about being kind in this world. I suppose I have to learn to guard myself and not go out on a limb for people so much. Thank you for that lesson.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog peeing to mark territory [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old cockapoo that has started a behavior a few months ago. Sometime during the night she gets up (she sleeps in our bed, or under it) and pees on the bedroom carpet or the rug in front of the shower. She is fully trained and does not have any issues holding it if she were to be...

Incorrect Address in tax return [ 2 Answers ]

I have filed (e-file through a tax service provider) tax returns for year 2008, my address on the Fed return is incorrect (i.e Street name missing, city and state names are correct); on the State tax return the address is correct no problems. Am wondering how to correct the address in Fed tax...

Address where I can return my rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know the address to which I should mail back my stimulus rebate check (which I shouldn't have receivved because of my non resident status)? I see an Austin Texas address, just want to cnfirm it. I am based in OH by the way. Thanks in advance

Printing a mass amount of return address envelopes [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up our return address on word for our company. My boss is picky and has finally found what he likes. But I keep losing it whenever I close Word 2007 and open it to do another evnvelope all the formatting is gone. I also want to print out a large amount of envelopes with...

What to do with a found dog? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... I ran across a situation today, and want some advice on what to do in the remote chance that it happens again in the future. Besides, it might help some other person out as well. Trink and I were at the dog park for our normal Sunday morning playdate. Walked back to the car, put Trink in...

View more questions Search