Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janetteacher5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Break Even Analysis
    I came across this in one of my text books which I don't have the answer for:

A company makes a single widget and sells it for $20 per unit. The company's annual fixed expenses are $1,500 and the variable expenses of manufacturing and selling the widget are $15 dollars. How do we come up with the break even point in terms of Sales Dollars?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2010, 04:36 PM

A company has broken even when its total revenue equals it total expenses. You can compute the break even units in your example with the following equation:

Breakeven point = Fixed costs/ (unit selling price-unit variable costs)

This gives you the number of units you need to make, and if you multiply the number of units by the unit selling price, you can get your revenue number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even analysis [ 1 Answers ]

I have this question from my assignment and I don't think the question is complete but I would love for someone to look at it and tell me if I can work with what I have or I need to assume some more figures? Below is the question... Thank you.. Over the past 15 years, InfoCheck has...

Break-even analysis [ 1 Answers ]

MY QUESTION IS AT THE VERY BOTTOM... Royal Essentials, Inc. began operations on January 1, 2008. The company produces a hand and body lotion in an eight-ounce bottle, called Eternal Beauty. The lotion is sold wholesale in 12-bottle cases for $80 per case. There is a selling commission of $16...

Break even analysis [ 2 Answers ]

Fre has decided to expand his garden supply manufacturing business. He has an available factory site that is presently costing him $40,000 per year in taxes and maintenance. He has made a deal with stellar supply company to provide him with the necessary material to produce 1000 garden hoses....

View more questions Search