Ask
    candyshopper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 12:28 AM
    Horse riding problems
    Horse flicking head when cantering
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 10:37 AM

Sounds like the bit is displacing in his mouth, or he needs a martingale to keep his head down. What else is he doing while cantering ?

Tick
    racheljennifer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 03:22 AM
    You may have too much of a contact with the horses mouth. Keep a contact but try softening your hands by turning your thumbs to the outside so your fingers are facing upwards. Also maybe try a softer bit and check that your bridle fits correctly. If not then try using a running martingale to keep the head down.

I hope this helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who can recommend good horse riding equipment websites? [ 5 Answers ]

As it says in the title ;)

Fear Of Riding A Different Horse [ 8 Answers ]

OK people I have another question to ask you lot OK here it is,Ive been riding for ages but ever since the beginning of January I have a phobia of riding a certain horse he's huge he's about 16hh and my fear of him began in January when I started riding him he was very 'New & Fresh' that my...

Snow blower 8 horse engine problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 hp snow blower motor that runs very roughly. When I tried to throttle it up, it runs like a Harley Davidson motorcycle barely idling. Further, once left for 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes of idling, the motor appears to kick up to full speed but backs down to very rough, low-power idling...

Grants for horse riding centers [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for grants or other funding for a horse riding center. We will also be adopting abused horses. Does anyone know of any funding soures for this?

Wheel horse C-85 electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have inherited an wheel horse garden tractor and can't get the ignition switch to start the thing. Right now I have a simple push switch wired to the solenoid to start it. Its been worked on over the years by mechanics who didn't have the correct color wires when replacing anything. So now I...

View more questions Search