Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anotherjunkie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Changed
    Quote Originally Posted by florida23 View Post
    is a lawyer better than a public defender in avoiding jail time???? and what about when the put the warrant out? will he just go to jail and then in his first appearance be released???
    I had adj withheld & got 2 years felony drug probation, 7-7 curfew, & most costs waived. My friend has not accepted it yet, but the best plea she's been able to get is 2 years felony drug probation with 7-7 curfew & nothing about waiving costs. Both third degree felony drug charges. My friend paid a lawyer $2,500 and I had a public defender. I think the lawyer she paid is very, very good. My point is the PD's office has truly outstanding attorneys as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 08:08 PM

I have to ask why, you went to a post that had not been read in about 2 years to post your question as an answer?
    There has to even be new questions that you could have answered with your question.

I have moved it

Sometimes they do, sometimes they do, they are good at plea agreements, the majority of their cases are plead out.

Now if in two months he gets probation with no curfew and no costs you may change your opinion. Often they hold back till almost court date to get final and best plea deals

Aug 13, 2010, 10:32 PM

Seems to me if you don't want them answered they shouldn't be here. With this 7-7 curfew I've got a lot of time on my hands. Didn't have a question, saw a question and answered it. Sorry for wasting my time and yours. Fare well.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherjunkie View Post
    Seems to me if you don't want them answered they shouldn't be here. With this 7-7 curfew I've got a lot of time on my hands. Didn't have a question, saw a question and answered it. Sorry for wasting my time and yours. Fare well.
    Seems to me you have enough on your plate. Don't worry about the site here. All post are kept. Even yours.

Aug 14, 2010, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Seems to me you have enough on your plate. Don't worry about the site here. All post are kept. Even yours.

My wife of 40 years is dying next to me and four days ago I found my best male friend dead. Those are just the worst of it, there's more. The pit is deep, and the sherrif's department took away my cushion. So the smallest acts of kindness are more appreciated than you might think. You didn't have to write that, and I want you to know that it made me feel better. Every reminder that there are good people is a blessing. Thank you.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2010, 10:10 AM
    My wife of 40 years is dying next to me and four days ago I found my best male friend dead. Those are just the worst of it, there's more. The pit is deep, and the sherrif's department took away my cushion. So the smallest acts of kindness are more appreciated than you might think. You didn't have to write that, and I want you to know that it made me feel better. Every reminder that there are good people is a blessing. Thank you.
    You can come back at anytime. We're here to help.:)

Aug 14, 2010, 11:26 AM

I figure this place is just to ask legal questions, I need to find one of those cry on my shoulder sites. The girl I was mentioning got in an accident this a.m. on the way to the methadone clinic, then tried to do a flea market operation & kept nodding out, Sheriff out there called me & now she's in the guest room safely sleeping it off. Thank God none of the cops involved ran her license or tested her! Why oh why oh why is it that if you're hit by a truck and laying in the gutter every resource is expended toward fixing you, but if life hits you like a truck and you're laying in the gutter every resource is expended toward locking you up? If "society" would prescribe her what she needs she wouldn't be in this condition. I apologize for "venting", sometimes it's overwhelming. Anyway, thanks again for aking a nice start to my day, and by the way, the gentleman that lets us live here goes by the name "Kitten" and he looks like trouble but he's the best behaved kitty I've ever seen. Have a great day!
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2010, 11:30 AM
    I figure this place is just to ask legal questions, I need to find one of those cry on my shoulder sites. The girl I was mentioning got in an accident this a.m. on the way to the methadone clinic, then tried to do a flea market operation & kept nodding out, Sheriff out there called me & now she's in the guest room safely sleeping it off. Thank God none of the cops involved ran her license or tested her! Why oh why oh why is it that if you're hit by a truck and laying in the gutter every resource is expended toward fixing you, but if life hits you like a truck and you're laying in the gutter every resource is expended toward locking you up? If "society" would prescribe her what she needs she wouldn't be in this condition. I apologize for "venting", sometimes it's overwhelming. Anyway, thanks again for aking a nice start to my day, and by the way, the gentleman that lets us live here goes by the name "Kitten" and he looks like trouble but he's the best behaved kitty I've ever seen. Have a great day!

You get yourself together and put your life in Gods hands... You'll see amazing results. If you need to post your legal questions just put them in the law Forum... Relationship or marriage have a forum. We can listen. For any legal questions
    Place them here in the Law forum. Relationships , Marriage, Religion, all have different forums. There is one in medical for additions and answers or advice. We can't diagnose or tell you what do do we can only advise. Have a good day and come back... Kit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's changed [ 7 Answers ]

I been with my boyfriend for 4 months and everything was great at first. He called me everyday we would talk for hours and it was just puppy love . Well it literally changed from one day to another. One day he came over my house we watched movies and everything was good. He left that night saying...

He has changed. [ 77 Answers ]

Hello. My name is theresa I am 20 years old. My boyfriend and I have been dating online for a little over a year now. I had just recently moved here on the first of July 07. I am now living with him and his wonderfully sweet caring family. I am blessed to know such good people. Anyway I feel...

How can we get his last name changed ? [ 10 Answers ]

Im about to get married and my boyfriend wants to change his name to his stepfathers last name ( his real father has never been a part of his life and doesn't want to carry his name ) and his step father has been there every step of his life started as a child. I have found many many ways to change...

Getting Last Name Changed [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about getting my babies last name changed:mad::mad:

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

View more questions Search