Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stumps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Simply Stupid Q
    You are the Messiah with twelve, say 12 billiard balls.

One ball is odd. It is either lighter or heavier then the other eleven

You have the scales of justice, and with it you can weight the twelve three times.

At the end of the third weighing determine which is the odd ball, and whether it is lighter or
    Heavier than the other eleven

Any help would be helpful, thanks.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Well, not a particularly stupid question.

The answer is here... good puzzle :)
    http://www.mathsisfun.com/pool_balls_solution.html

If you need help understanding, please do not hesitate to ask!
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Dec 21, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Being the Messiah I think I would just use my divine powers to deduce the answer with zero weighings, but maybe that's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Follow Up to " I need Help. I am simply lost and hurt again" 9/5 post [ 13 Answers ]

First off, I want to thank Val, Philly, and others who posted and gave their honest opinions on this topic. I was recently in a very bad auto accident and spent nearly a week in the hospital and half of the time in a coma. My sister took my phone and tm'd everybody on my list about my condition...

I need Help. I am simply lost and hurt again [ 6 Answers ]

First time post. This is a very painful situation and I just do not know where to begin. I met what I believed to be my soul mate roughly 1.5 years ago. I am a 35 yr male and she is 28 now. It was an instant connection for the two of us when we first met. I knew right when I saw her for the...

Not Lightening Simply Making It Even [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 20 year old black male with sensitive dark skin. As a kid I spent tons of hours under the Sun. I continued to do so till high school. I'm now in college and hardly find the time to participate in outdoor activities. My problem is the countless hours under the skin has left me with...

How stupid am I? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Okay... here it is... I went out on sat night and had quite a few drinks... I ended up kissing this guy... thats not my problem. I actually like his brother... now my friend has told me that the brother likes me too and now I feel like I have stuffed up everything. I have only met these...

View more questions Search